Interesting...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

clint

Club Guest
ePetrol: possible fuel subsidy control mechanismThose who attended the World Congress on Information Technology 2008 (WCIT 2008) this week may have spotted this display by ePetrol Sdn Bhd. While the company was more friendlier and interested in demoing to Datuks in suits rather than the more plebian-looking visitors such as yours truly, I manage to overhear a demo to one example of a well dressed Datuk-looking person.The ePetrol petrol kiosk is basically a way to pay for your petrol via the MyKad. You first link your MyKad to your bank account (I assume it can be linked to a credit card as well if needed), then you use your MyKad to pay for petrol at the petrol station. The cash will be deducted from the bank account associated with your MyKad account.The ePetrol team demonstrated a way that fuel subsidies could be controlled and given to Malaysians only. Basically, the petrol kiosk displays and charges the unsubsidised market price for petrol by default. When an ePetrol-enabled MyKad is inserted, the subsidised price will be available. The receipt shows both the unsubsidised price and the subsidy given.This is one of the possible implementations that could change the way we fill up our tanks in the future.Article taken from paultan.org

GREAT IDEA..

I was there too and it is one of the best idea!

Lorry or Bus driver can have their MYCARD registered by their employer so when they pump up the BUS/Lorry the subsidies will be displayed.

clint;326611 said:
ePetrol: possible fuel subsidy control mechanism

Those who attended the World Congress on Information Technology 2008 (WCIT 2008) this week may have spotted this display by ePetrol Sdn Bhd. While the company was more friendlier and interested in demoing to Datuks in suits rather than the more plebian-looking visitors such as yours truly, I manage to overhear a demo to one example of a well dressed Datuk-looking person.

The ePetrol petrol kiosk is basically a way to pay for your petrol via the MyKad. You first link your MyKad to your bank account (I assume it can be linked to a credit card as well if needed), then you use your MyKad to pay for petrol at the petrol station. The cash will be deducted from the bank account associated with your MyKad account.

The ePetrol team demonstrated a way that fuel subsidies could be controlled and given to Malaysians only. Basically, the petrol kiosk displays and charges the unsubsidised market price for petrol by default. When an ePetrol-enabled MyKad is inserted, the subsidised price will be available. The receipt shows both the unsubsidised price and the subsidy given.

This is one of the possible implementations that could change the way we fill up our tanks in the future.

Article taken from paultan.org

Top Bottom