Installed the M3 steering with paddleshift

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

energy

Club Guest
Hi All, Just want to share something. I have installed the M3 SMG steering wheel to my e46 325i. Now my auto transmission has paddle shifting capability. I have been wanting to install this for a long time, the driving experience is very different now. However, I have made my e46 325i to a mutant!regards,eNerGy

dont waste time on those.....

get the real deal smg gearbox, or maybe even the manual 6 speed

then you can call your car a real mutant lar......!!!!!

:) where did u do the install and how much did it cost ya?? how about the airbag in the steering?

mine's the 4spoke one which i find very ugly plus the rim diameter is too big..feels like driving a lorry la..found some nice 3spoke ones but those didn't come with airbag.was told that airbag will be at extra cost to the tune of rm3000!!!

wud be nice to have the SMG paddles that works in tandem with steptronic..

Originally posted by supergripen@Sep 21 2005, 07:51 AM
:) where did u do the install and how much did it cost ya?? how about the airbag in the steering?

mine's the 4spoke one which i find very ugly plus the rim diameter is too big..feels like driving a lorry la..found some nice 3spoke ones but those didn't come with airbag.was told that airbag will be at extra cost to the tune of rm3000!!!

wud be nice to have the SMG paddles that works in tandem with steptronic..
dude,

am thinking to sell mine.. how much are u looking for? :D

Originally posted by energy@Sep 21 2005, 08:47 AM
fixed in in stuttgart PJ. about 6k with round airbag.
wowzy...!! but yeah, congrats man!! :yes!:

Wow, tht a bomb for a steering...But was wondering how does the thing works with the steptronic? :blink:

afaik, u need to tap the + upshift and - downshift from the step.. looks fairly simple if u are electronically inclined.. can look up e46fanatics for DIY guide.. someone even modded the paddles as NOS switch!! :eek:

:) wud be cool to have no doubt.. the steptronic wud never be the same again..hehehehe.was told u cud actually upgrade the stepbox chip for it to shift faster..hmmmmm :wink:

found an SMG steering selling for rm1500..but without airbag.they say it can be installed to work with steptronic.

hmmm..now where can i nick a round airbag from????

Originally posted by supergripen@Sep 27 2005, 09:07 AM
found an SMG steering selling for rm1500..but without airbag.they say it can be installed to work with steptronic.

hmmm..now where can i nick a round airbag from????
i'll match that price.. how? help out a buddy la.. :D

hehe.. no la.. need the airbag la bro.. mine is 'sprayed' silver...

Top Bottom