I wonder if this was the problem after all

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

GreenGhost

Club Guest
Man man man!This just happpened last night. The Bilstein absorber on my rear right hand side got dislocated! So it was just dangling there and hitting my rim on the inside whenever i passed a bump.It just slipped its way out even passing the bolt. I just wonder if that was the reason for some of the shaking action? It was just slowly slowly slowly getting less support on my rear right side.Has this happened to anyone here before? The mechanic said it was a Bilstein failure......Anyone experienced this??

I have seen it happened on my boss E36 328. Also bilstien yellow, the bottom mounting just slide out past the bolt. Also on rear RH .

what his mechanis did was install a big washer/collar at the fixing bolt to make sure the absorber stay in place. Make me wonder if this is a common problem with Bilstien yellow. Anybody else seeing the same problem.

Yes. thats what the mechanic did as well for mine. A washer put in place, but i see it only as a temporary solution for now. Now just have to keep looking at the condition of the washer if it deteriorates.

sighs....

Top Bottom