i just bought a BMW 525 MSport. a lot of questions to ask~

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bc23

Club Guest
1. i plan to tint my car, what are my choices? V-kool, ais kool, ozone n etc.. which i should go for?2. my M Sport is Japan Spec. the radio FM range only cover till 90.0 only. now i cant listen hitz fm, mix fm, my fm... wat i should do ah?3. for a 525i M sport newbies, wat i should taken care of? my car low mile, year 05 model, 13k km..thanks to all seniors 1st.regardsBC23

Good day.. another proud owner of E60.. welcome welcome... but have you intro yourself in the newbie thread??? Please do so ok?
For your questions:
1) Of course go for V-Kool Elite... best in the market... expensive too :D but don't care la.. always the best for your car
2) There are 2 options here... you can either (a) change the whole CCC in your car from Japan spec to UK/MYS spec, or (b) add an interface to your existing CCC and then install a DVD/Radio/MP3 player in your car...
3) When you bought the car, did you request the car dealer to chance the oils - engine, transmission, brake, coolant, steering - before handing of the keys? This is because the climate in JApan is different compared to Malaysia, and therefore they are required to change to those suitable to the weather here.

For more info, please read threads in this forum...

I'd recommend Llumar security film. V-Kool does it as well but Llumar has been around forever and they're made in Germany if I'm not mistaken.

thanks for ur guidance bro. for the V KOOL elite, how much is the market price ah? dun wana being belasah haha.. also, ppl can break the window easily or not if i tint V-Kool elite? any security system tat u all install? thanks

opposite_lock;370094 said:
I'd recommend Llumar security film. V-Kool does it as well but Llumar has been around forever and they're made in Germany if I'm not mistaken.

how much is Llumar in market price? ppl wont easy break the window is it?

V-Kool... hmm... I suggest that you go to car accessories shop and ask for price... it will vary depending on how desperate they are to do your business. If u go directly to V-kool HQ in PJ Sec 19 or Jalan Loke Yew, most likely you will be charged full price (no discount). I think it's around RM3k if not mistaken

bc23;370096 said:
how much is Llumar in market price? ppl wont easy break the window is it?

It should be around 2K+. Around 3K if you add another layer of tint. Your windows will be much more difficult to break. They'd still break under constant hammering with a heavy object, but it will give you enough time to drive away if you're faced with such a situation.

i'd suggest 3M for the tints as 3M are well known for being good in whatever they do.

get the 4Mil for the side windows (security films)

and get the Crystalline 70 for the front + rear windows (non security in case of emergency u need to break the glass)

AlexNg;370154 said:
i'd suggest 3M for the tints as 3M are well known for being good in whatever they do.

get the 4Mil for the side windows (security films)

and get the Crystalline 70 for the front + rear windows (non security in case of emergency u need to break the glass)

3M, 4Mil and Crystalline are 3 different brands?? how much it will cost me ah? thanks bro

where u all service ur E60? any excellent and honest mechanic shop to recommend? how long i should service?

bc23;370455 said:
where u all service ur E60? any excellent and honest mechanic shop to recommend? how long i should service?

3M, Crystalline are brands.. that's right...
4mil, 5mil or 8mil is the thickness of those tint film. The thicker, the higher the resistance to the impact... but recommended 4 or 5mil... coz too thick might cause your power window to have problems...

Depending on where you stay... there are a lot of workshops that all Bimmers here actually go to... please look for General Tech thread to find out the list..

thanks to all bros. i decided to take Vkool elite. i get an offer from fren, rm1300 only. this is a good price ya?

opposite_lock;370124 said:
It should be around 2K+. Around 3K if you add another layer of tint. Your windows will be much more difficult to break. They'd still break under constant hammering with a heavy object, but it will give you enough time to drive away if you're faced with such a situation.

just make sure u keep a big ass hammer in your car in case u need to break it in emergency situations

Top Bottom