Hydroxene Engine?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Water still needs to be broken down to Hydrogen and Oxygen....unless there is a feasible way of doing it in a large scale manner and then also the safety issues with the handling of hydrogen. Unless of course our Malaysia Boleh Scientist has invented a way for water to be added to petrol and the water will break up itself in some form of chemical reaction???:confused: :D :D

if like that, the car will be 'kencing' continously everywhere..from the by-product or 'kentot' from the oxygen..or use it for the part the combustion proses..

Are we really that advance until we can mass produce the system and utilise it in the forthcoming LMG models i.e. Trekker and Tourer? Would be good to see if it turns out successful.:cool:

ALBundy said:
Water still needs to be broken down to Hydrogen and Oxygen....unless there is a feasible way of doing it in a large scale manner and then also the safety issues with the handling of hydrogen. Unless of course our Malaysia Boleh Scientist has invented a way for water to be added to petrol and the water will break up itself in some form of chemical reaction???:confused: :D :D

I think Bundy is right. Even if they manage to perfect the system, how much are they willing to invest in distribution stations ? I mean they will need to set up filling systems through out the country. And with this new technology will the 'Gomen' perhaps give tax exemptions in certain arrears to encourage people to go green / be environmentally friendly by converting their cars to accommodate the system or buy vehicles that are already fitted with the system.

I hear that Singaporeans get tax exemptions if they buy a hybrid vehicle.

sith

Erhhh, suther, the hydroxene engine does not need a new filling station. Water is the supplementary fuel to be used....

Some write-ups which I found in the web....
http://paultan.org/archives/2006/08/15/lmg-tourer-with-hydroxene-technology/

And it is supposed to be available in these vehicles....
http://paultan.org/archives/2006/08/15/lmg-trekker-details/
http://paultan.org/archives/2006/08/16/lmg-tourer-details/

Too good to be true????:eek:

More on this technology....
http://www.fuelcellsworks.com/Supppage4726.html

sithwarrior said:
I think Bundy is right. Even if they manage to perfect the system, how much are they willing to invest in distribution stations ? I mean they will need to set up filling systems through out the country. And with this new technology will the 'Gomen' perhaps give tax exemptions in certain arrears to encourage people to go green / be environmentally friendly by converting their cars to accommodate the system or buy vehicles that are already fitted with the system.

I hear that Singaporeans get tax exemptions if they buy a hybrid vehicle.

sith

Excuse me for being skeptical.

I have just had enough of "nobody else have ever heard of it the Malaysian super-nano, will change the world, foreigners offering me billions but patriotic me want to sell it to only to M'sian govt for only a few millions, scientific breakthrough"

Probably something like all those RM100 performance boosters. Theoretically can work but a lot of work to develop and not near as advanced as whatever that is already out there.

If anybody is in this line, my apologies but I need much more info to be convinced.

Don't think its new technology as claimed, maybe they managed to condense the whole set up into a canister that its possible to be fitted into a vehicle. In 2003, somebody in the states already did something similar, at least in design.

http://netmar.com/~maat/archive/watercar/h20car2.htm

Perhaps that is nano-technology??

My only concern is the safety issue. Everyone knows what happens when hydrogen is ignited!!!

If the unthinkable does happen, think of it as shooting for the stars and breaking a few speed records in the process.:D

ALBundy said:
My only concern is the safety issue. Everyone knows what happens when hydrogen is ignited!!!

When I was a kid, my parents used to say... if we run out of petrol you can pee in the tank to keep the car going...

hmmm... its becoming a reality !

so make sure you get your kids along on trips... preferably sons though

Just curious, this LM Star came out of the blue into the limelight... Would definite hope it's not some hype that fizzles out into the obvilion in 6 months time.

fabianyee said:
Just curious, this LM Star came out of the blue into the limelight... Would definite hope it's not some hype that fizzles out into the obvilion in 6 months time.

Well, so far it seems like all hype and no mentioning of how many km/liter or liter/100KM of petrol (& water) one can expect to get out of it. Not doubting Malaysian can invent such a thing, but it would be somewhat surprising the company beats all the automotive giants to the fuel cell technology in terms of mass production. But I hope they really got it right and have done enough testing on it...

Last year I browse thru a magazine, I think it's Popular Mechanics, that BMW is in the work of developing their fuel cell car and the prototype is working. According to the magazine, BMW is perfecting the technology such that the car can achieve near 50/50 weight distribution.

That is what I thought too. Now I will sit back and watch what happens... will it go on with a "bang" or fizzle out....:rolleyes:

fabianyee said:

Hydrox-pong

Hi bro Flash

Call me cycnical but after being bombarded with so much hyperbole from our media..it will certainly be a triumph over reality if the company's claims match the real world testing..I cannot wait to be proven 'wrong' in this case
ala Cakap sama Bikin.. ROTL

:p :p :p :D :D :D

From my quick research,

LM is a veteran Johor open AP company but recently sign a JV to import some Chinese cars into Malaysia.

The system uses "secret ingredient" which most probably is a combination of sodium solution and metal alloy. So, it is not just water - which need to be replenished as well. I suppose maybe they just conveniently forgot to mention that.

I could be wrong though.

ALBundy said:
Water still needs to be broken down to Hydrogen and Oxygen....unless there is a feasible way of doing it in a large scale manner and then also the safety issues with the handling of hydrogen.

You are absolutely right bro Bundy. I have seen the brochure because my friend will be one of the pioneer dealers in Malaysia. The water will be broken from H2O to become oxygen and hydrogen and will be mixed with petrol before reaching the fuel injection system and then to the combustion engine. Basically the car will have 2 seperate tanks for these 2 procceses. Suprisingly according to the brochure, we can save up to 50% fuel consumption!

Wonder how long the "secret ingredient" can last and how much you will have to pay to replace it. In my books, you don't get something for free, everything has its price. In you were to factor in the replacement cost of the secret ingredient, it might work out to be more expensive to run compared to a normal vehicle. and why don't they reveal the cost of replacement?:confused: Your guess is as good as mine. Hmmm, wonder if the govt will give special subsidy for running such hybrid vehicles?

thinice said:
From my quick research,

LM is a veteran Johor open AP company but recently sign a JV to import some Chinese cars into Malaysia.

The system uses "secret ingredient" which most probably is a combination of sodium solution and metal alloy. So, it is not just water - which need to be replenished as well. I suppose maybe they just conveniently forgot to mention that.

I could be wrong though.

Top Bottom