How to.....?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by nikazwaa@May 15 2006, 12:54 PM
No emboss? Probably replica then. An ori 2nd hand would probably set you back 3-4k. An original brand new in 18" guise was going for 8-9k
Definitely replica...

Hamann is known for their hardworking in putting as much name as possible on their rim

Originally posted by pussy@May 15 2006, 03:18 AM
because my rim had it when i bought new..

also, all rims with the 'tuv' or 'uu' is meant safe for german and japan use.. can be assured or quality and safety.. just like our 'sirim' certified..
err.. i'm pretty sure my acs type3 doesnt have the tuv nor uu markings.. emm, replica maybe? :dunno:

2 school of thought...Ori rim(like BMW,AC, Haman) do not necessary manufacturer by their own but instead they give contract manufacturer to Taiwanese manufacturer (stricly according to their spec)... Some of these Taiwanese manufacturer have these TUV or international credition and most of them has been contract manufacturing for various car brand.. For BMW rim,AC, breyton etc..to hv a manufacturing facility are very expensive unless they have a consistent volume commit by reseller..Ori rim does not necessary more durable than the Taiwan rim as I ever see the ori bmw rim come together with the car from AB crack till bits & pieces on the front 2 wheel where as the rear rim bend all the way like the cola can in the accident...(dunno how the car been driven until like tht) & I have seen few mercedes shod with Taiwan made replica & has been driven some of them more than 15 years on the road without any major damages...just my 2 cent....mayb i m wrong but in this globalization of business, anything is possible....The only brand tht I know who really manufacturer their own rim is BBS, OZ & of course there are more but these 2 are really well known manufacturer. .spend on ori rim..your money go more on the brand instead of the talent of the product...but if you going to keep yr car for a very long time say 10-20 year due to sentimental values, then it wise to go for ori…but if you planning change yr rim after 3-5 years..well it is your shot…

Originally posted by DingChavez@May 15 2006, 08:25 PM
okay, that's it then. so how much to sell the rims now??? market value please
Bro... you can grab a replica Hamann brand new for a little over RM2500... So, RM1000??? :dunno:

Without tires though...

Originally posted by fire@May 16 2006, 01:59 PM
2 school of thought...Ori rim(like BMW,AC, Haman) do not necessary manufacturer by their own but instead they give contract manufacturer to Taiwanese manufacturer (stricly according to their spec)... Some of these Taiwanese manufacturer have these TUV or international credition and most of them has been contract manufacturing for various car brand.. For BMW rim,AC, breyton etc..to hv a manufacturing facility are very expensive unless they have a consistent volume commit by reseller..Ori rim does not necessary more durable than the Taiwan rim as I ever see the ori bmw rim come together with the car from AB crack till bits & pieces on the front 2 wheel where as the rear rim bend all the way like the cola can in the accident...(dunno how the car been driven until like tht) & I have seen few mercedes shod with Taiwan made replica & has been driven some of them more than 15 years on the road without any major damages...just my 2 cent....mayb i m wrong but in this globalization of business, anything is possible....The only brand tht I know who really manufacturer their own rim is BBS, OZ & of course there are more but these 2 are really well known manufacturer. .spend on ori rim..your money go more on the brand instead of the talent of the product...but if you going to keep yr car for a very long time say 10-20 year due to sentimental values, then it wise to go for ori…but if you planning change yr rim after 3-5 years..well it is your shot…
well said Fire.. buy ori's guarantte good, well balanced rim... safe also.. :)

in regards to Ronal..

AFAIK Ronal actually manufacture rims for some well known after market brands... if not mistaken BBS, AC and Hamman. I could be wrong though.

Nik... 1K it is!

Top Bottom