How to open the boot from inside the car

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

crusher

Club Guest
Hi all,Is there a button or lever whereby we can open our car boot? I seem to read somewhere that there is a lever near the front bonnet lever, but in my car there is no such lever.

:Greeting bro, not all models of udm have release lever to open the boot .... :dong::dong::dong::dong::20::20

E90 ada.. :4:

E36 no remote release la. My trusty Avanza ada.. :4:

The remote button is available on the E46 and E90. But not on the E36.

E36 no button/lever from incar, reason being when you get out to check out its arse, chicks get to check out yours ! haha...cabutzzz....

dzuljazz2001;674157 said:
:Greeting bro, not all models of udm have release lever to open the boot .... :dong::dong::dong::dong::20::20
There is a button for that on E39

dzuljazz2001;674157 said:

luckily my e46 got the incar lever near the front bonnet lever... MIne is N42 e46 y2003 CBU unit.

no lever bro. maybe coz the designer thought 'why wasting time to pull the lever when you surely will go back and open the boot' :D

pardypeople;674225 said:
E36 no button/lever from incar, reason being when you get out to check out its arse, chicks get to check out yours ! haha...cabutzzz....

ehemmm...now i feel uneasy hahaha

ezzo369;674444 said:
no lever bro. maybe coz the designer thought 'why wasting time to pull the lever when you surely will go back and open the boot' :D

Ha..ha..ha..good one Ezzo..hargh..ha..ha:24:

bro ,
the only consolation is E36 boot lever is damn solid - the push button never fails .

for E46 , the push button is intergated with the "whatyacall thingy" on
top of the number plate . the wear & tear will crack that "whatyacall thingy" &
it will cost you RM400 to replace the whole set as it comes together with the
number plate lights :motz::motz::motz:

e36 has 3 master locks I.e. Driver's door, front passenger door and the boot. Unlock anyone will release all locks. So any of the front passenger unlock the door, the boot is unlock too, just tekan the boot butang and the boot will open. Incar boot release is really not necessary.

My e90 is a different setup with no master lock at all. Unlock all doors require a press of button on the dash, same as lock all doors while stationary. Boot will unlock when this button is pressed. It may be deem dangerous to unlock all doors just to access the boot, hence the creation of the boot unlock button at the footwell.

ezzo369;674445 said:
ehemmm...now i feel uneasy hahaha

i feel ya bro my arse got grope by a group of girls last week at bazar jb fobia to go alone there.

astroboy;675406 said:
e36 has 3 master locks I.e. Driver's door, front passenger door and the boot. Unlock anyone will release all locks. So any of the front passenger unlock the door, the boot is unlock too, just tekan the boot butang and the boot will open. Incar boot release is really not necessary.

My e90 is a different setup with no master lock at all. Unlock all doors require a press of button on the dash, same as lock all doors while stationary. Boot will unlock when this button is pressed. It may be deem dangerous to unlock all doors just to access the boot, hence the creation of the boot unlock button at the footwell.

i think all BMW also same. After you unlock all the doors for sure you can open the boot already.

tweiboon;675944 said:
i think all BMW also same. After you unlock all the doors for sure you can open the boot already.

correct. but mine only if the engine not running. meaning if i suddenly have to stop along the road to open the boot, i have to turn off the car first. then can open.

astroboy;675406 said:

Well, actually, there is a double lock. When the key position is in horizontal, unlocking the front doors or all internal locks, you will not be able to open the boot.even if you have the button in the dash the way to open a locked boot is by key.

Top Bottom