how to install aftermarket seats

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

atermizi

Club Guest
hi guys,The cloth seats of my 318is is really showing up its age these days and i'm thinking of getting new pair of seat/touch up the interior. I'm haven;t made up my mind about either installing Recaros (Non-BMW specific) or just buying used e36 leather coupe seats. Anyways, i wanna know how hard is it to install the aftermarket seats, i mean like the rail etc,and where can it be done? thanks guys, always appreciate ur help.

Malaysia boleh. Most of the seat shops should be able to do it for you.
Just pay up!
Unless you are a DIY man....

what model u driving? if its an e36 then pretty easy, 1 would say 1 hour job, i did it last week, just make sure that u get a compatible seat for your car, if your car has 2 airbags then make sure the seats support 2 airbags,
there are alot of help on removing bmw seats on the net, and when i did mine it was simple,
also make sure if your car has airbags, remove the battery before taking the seats off and wait for 30 min or u will suffer from the airbag light on the dash, then u will have a prob,
cheers

the recaro's on the e30 can be fitted easily with the rails specially made by recaro..

buy any recaro seat, use the rails made by recaro to sit in the e30..

PM e28driver.. he has one for sale..very new.

regards.

i just did mine upholstery at Kampung Subang. Looks nice. Not original leather but it nice. It gives a fresh look for the car from the old torn, sag and discoloured fabric seats. Price is good too.

thanks for the response guys, i'm driving E36 coupe...anyone knows where i can find more info on this?

I saw a fellow forrumer having a grand sale a few month ago ... among the items are those Recaros seat rails.

go to kakimoto or any racing seat shop sure they will do..normally there must be a similar rails ( other make ) with bmw's...so they will know which one fit for yours..good luck

Top Bottom