How much??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

siX PoTTer

Club Guest
Hi just wanted to know how much(if any of you have done it before) does it cost to change da fuel pump....knuckle ball joint :blink: and absobers???nobody in the parts side seems to respond to questions... :p Would it make a difference if I said that I was a girl...

e30 lol....

sixpotter... go and read at the parts and maintenance...
hope it wil help u out bout the price....

u wanna do service on ur suspension ???
i can do for you... members cheap cheap only... ahahahhaa

Originally posted by KiNaKa@Apr 4 2005, 09:56 PM
e30 lol....

sixpotter... go and read at the parts and maintenance...
hope it wil help u out bout the price....

u wanna do service on ur suspension ???
i can do for you... members cheap cheap only... ahahahhaa
Aay Mr.C, u also doin suspension lower arm bushes & ball joints -ka? :D

I presumed its for e30. E30 parts are pretty cheap. Basically you need 2 pairs of ball joints, control arm and one upper arm bush for each side. The mechanic will pump out the ball joints and bush and replace it with new ones. I think I paid less than 500 for all the parts.

As for the fuel pump, it depends which type you have on yours, from my understanding there are two types, internal and external. External pump is cheaper whilst the internal pump which is submerged in the fuel tank cost in the region of RM 700 (some say can get cheaper)??.

Hope this helps.

Rgds

Lower arm

Done mine on 09/03/2005 @ BM Tech

Lower arm bush rm77.50 x 2 rm155
Ball joint (outer) rm70 x 2 rm140
Ball joint (inner) rm85 x 2 rm170
Labour rm80

TOTAL RM545

But I was charged RM380 for lower arm bush. Mine is E46. I think I kena conned by this mechanic. The air filter cost me RM98. When I asked the sparepart shop, they told me the air filter only cost me RM58.

damn it that M-Power shop in KJ, the fella there charged me RM380 for a pair of lower arm bushes, for that price i could have got M3 lower arm bushes for my E30 and still have Rm100 left over.

Originally posted by skar19@Apr 6 2005, 10:24 AM
damn it that M-Power shop in KJ, the fella there charged me RM380 for a pair of lower arm bushes, for that price i could have got M3 lower arm bushes for my E30 and still have Rm100 left over.
Skar, pardon my ignorance but cud u introduce us your delights with der M3 lower arm bushes as opposed to der stock stds? :blink: :dunno:

Originally posted by r37720@Apr 5 2005, 12:58 PM
But I was charged RM380 for lower arm bush. Mine is E46. I think I kena conned by this mechanic. The air filter cost me RM98. When I asked the sparepart shop, they told me the air filter only cost me RM58.
Dude, before you start jumping, your E46 is different from E30. E46 bush comes with the housing which is made of aluminium and you need to replace the whole thing unlike the E30 or E36.

Originally posted by skar19@Apr 6 2005, 02:24 AM
Some people never learn do they? :D :D :p

Originally posted by Strider@Apr 5 2005, 04:16 PM
Lower arm

Done mine on 09/03/2005 @ BM Tech

Lower arm bush rm77.50 x 2 rm155
Ball joint (outer) rm70 x 2 rm140
Ball joint (inner) rm85 x 2 rm170
Labour rm80

TOTAL RM545
Hey strider... where did you get your knuckle done... labour sounds reasonable... :rolleyes:

Btw, I checked with First Division...Quoted me

Knuckle 2pc RM55x 2 per side =Rm 220
Bush M3 RM70 each =Rm 140

Is that all I need...sounds quiet alright...?? :huh:

Thanks everyone for the overwhelming response... :yahoo: :yahoo:
At the moment i will digest your suggestions and offers... will update you all when I get those stuff done... THANKS again :blush:

Top Bottom