How much is Park Distance Control ??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aya90

Club Guest
how much for the Park Distance Control sensor device itself ? or any sensor that detects side , front , back whenever theres something close even you are in any gear

for what car model? I seriously never hear of side sensors, is there really 1 in the market?

If you're not too particular,you can walk into any accessory shop and get one for a couple of hundred ringgit

So you have decided that it is called a PDC after all.

Check your mum's 320 manual and you will find what she has is a PDC system for front and back only. The front and rear corners does to a certain provide limited coverage of the sides. I have never heard of any system that monitors the sides, available from BMW.

The BMW system switches itself on automatically when you put it in reverse. It switches itself off after you have driven approx 60m. There is also a switch for you to switch it on even when moving forwards or stationary.

You will find these answer in your mum's 320 manual.

The price of an original equipment varies greatly depending upon model.

For an original system for a Mini which I suspect is equivalent to the one fitted to a E90 is:

Entire system RM5K+
PDC Computer approx RM2.3K
Each sensor RM450
Workmanship - RM900
This is the price I got from BMW.

You can call them for a quote.

But an after-market one available from any accessory shop with 2 sensor only for the rear is around RM150-200. This is what a lot of people call the reverse sensor.
There are after-market systems which adds sensors for the fronts for about double the price.

I doubt if you find any system that covers the full sides.

alamak! each sensor cost 450 ah? I don't know what's wrong with mine but when I go into reverse it doesn't stop beeping till it gets to an obstacle and then it's a continuous tone.I had replaced my bumper and I have a feeling that the sensors could be residing too deep inside.AB here is totally hopeless when it comes to rectifying these things and I can't find a decent mechanic around here to fix it either...what a bummer:rolleyes:

Guna;462059 said:
alamak! each sensor cost 450 ah? I don't know what's wrong with mine but when I go into reverse it doesn't stop beeping till it gets to an obstacle and then it's a continuous tone.I had replaced my bumper and I have a feeling that the sensors could be residing too deep inside.AB here is totally hopeless when it comes to rectifying these things and I can't find a decent mechanic around here to fix it either...what a bummer:rolleyes:

I thot that is how it is supposed to work. It will give off an acoustic warning (beep) when activated to indicate it is on and working. The frequency of the beeps corresponds to the distance of nay object to the sensors. The acoustic warning will be continuous when it detects an object less than 1 ft away from the sensor.

saat;462062 said:
I thot that is how it is supposed to work. It will give off an acoustic warning (beep) when activated to indicate it is on and working. The frequency of the beeps corresponds to the distance of nay object to the sensors. The acoustic warning will be continuous when it detects an object less than 1 ft away from the sensor.

Actually bro,when I first got the car,as soon as you go into reverse,the PDC diagram comes on on the Idrive but it won't beep untill it's close to an object just like how the front is now.It only beeps when I'm approaching something but while the front is ok,the back starts beeping the minute I go into reverse and it stays beeping even after getting to drive mode and driving off.Then it goes off after a certain speed as how it should.

Guna;462069 said:
Actually bro,when I first got the car,as soon as you go into reverse,the PDC diagram comes on on the Idrive but it won't beep untill it's close to an object just like how the front is now.It only beeps when I'm approaching something but while the front is ok,the back starts beeping the minute I go into reverse and it stays beeping even after getting to drive mode and driving off.Then it goes off after a certain speed as how it should.

For both my non-Idrive E90s.
When it activates it beeps.
When there are objects within 5 ft (rear) or 3 ft (front), the beep increases in frequency.
The closer the object is, the faster is the beep until at 1ft the beep becomes a continuous tone.

I think I will go to ah kow shop and try and fool the PDC into accepting a ciplak sensor

Top Bottom