How much is an E12 these days?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wglee

Club Guest
I think the E12 5 series still looks good and wonder how much a used 520 (6 cylinder, carb, manual) or 525 (6 cylinder, carb, 3-speed auto) costs? Are they difficult and expensive to maintain?

finding a decent sample would be difficult.... not expensive to maintain mechanically but would pose a problem when looking for replacement body parts...

got one some where in damansara heights
year 1978 520 manual.owner asking for rm5k
but i'm not sure wether reasonable price or not!!!

cheers

mnk

I think the E12 is even better looking than the E28. What do you guys think?

I don't think that it neccessarily looks better, but it does have an edgier, classic look to it.

brother kev,
let me get the details from the owner first,
then i will pm u.....wat do u think abt the price???huh!!
still running cond. and got r/tax also...

tks,
mnk

mnk,

Price should be around the RM5k region. However, a lot will depend on the condition of the car though!

Patiently awaiting your PM.

Cheers

In the mid-90s my family sold an E12 525 manual (carb) for RM12,000 (or was it RM20k, can't remember) - no. plate BBL 3142.

The car was bought new in the 80's from BMW Concessionaire, had a 4 speed manual gearbox, leather seats and was immaculately maintained. The buyer called up 6 months later to ask if we have other cars to sell.

And yeah, I learnt how to do reverse parking in that car too!

Originally posted by wglee@Mar 11 2005, 06:36 AM
I think the E12 is even better looking than the E28. What do you guys think?
Agreed.

I saw one at my mech's place. Mechanically well maintained but paint needs a lot of work as does the interior trim. It is a 528i, a rare one. Met the owner - unlikely to sell as he still enjoys it a lot. Also has a 2 door e30 323i. This one has double brake boosters which are located on the left side of the engine bay.

There is/was another one that the owner sends to Mtechnic - in pristine condition.

Top Bottom