How e46 318i central lock resettings

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hafizb89

I have e46 318i (2000) sedan come in with double lock central locking. But after my mom open the door (not sure how), central locking unlock all the door at the same time. At the same time, the windows drop down a bit when open the driver door (just like coupe settings). One more things, the auto lock was disable when driving. Do anyone experience this situation?

How did you re-program the key? DO you mean re-sync the key.

In order to code the key, you need to use a diagnostic tool (BMW Scanner, GT-1 etc) to re-code the LCM module.

Power window will follows down, this is an unusual situation, not sure BMW scanner 1.4 can set it or not.

Hi Tweiboon and all,

I have been following your post and realized that you are expert in bmw lock and keys. Can you help me with my 14 year old e46 318 (2000 model M43 engine) remote lock as i have intermittent problems. I notice when i park in hot sun the problem reoccur. also when i have someone pulling the handle when i unlock at same time.
the problem is THE DOOR CANNOT UNLOCK. Somehow , when I start it with key, or leave over nite, it can reset :hmmmm:

I tried changing battery for both keys and its the same. My key is the FAT old e46 key.

Some shops tells me its the GM5 module issue > I hv read post on GM5 its too technical for me.
Can you advise me how to address this problem.

Should I
1) Change the GM5 module new....it will cost RM1000+ :bawling:
2) Get used one...I dont know how to check...may be bad also :hmmmm:
3) Modify anothe OEM remote lock....if I have to but my distub current e46 build in system and i will not be able to use the ori key remote...sad but hope i dont have to go this way. :bawling:

There must be another way bro as there are may e46 on the road..

I tried to PM tweiboon but got error message saying you cannot rec pm ?...

Sorry for the late reply, my whatsapp is 0163953826. U can whatsapp and call me anytime. GM5 just need to plug and play if u get the used GM5. Meet me for a check for ur central lock. If ur central console lock/unlock button still function well meaning is that ur GM5 dosent has problem. Ur case high possibility is Amplifier Antenna gong.

jarance said:
How did you re-program the key? DO you mean re-sync the key.

In order to code the key, you need to use a diagnostic tool (BMW Scanner, GT-1 etc) to re-code the LCM module.
is it the usual scanner that workshop use to scan?... the window going down while open the door just like the coupe door settings. Another things is, auto lock while driving also non functional. But, the central lock button still working fine.

tweiboon said:
Power window will follows down, this is an unusual situation, not sure BMW scanner 1.4 can set it or not.
i mean just like coupe model (unframed windows). When you open the door, the window going down a bit.

Top Bottom