How does it feels like owning a 525 M Sport 2006 Local Spec ??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tiggy07

Club Guest
Hi gentlemen..I'm a newbie to this club. Recently changed my mind from getting myself an Impreza to 525 M Sport. Went to a car dealer in PJ and found one silver coloured 525 M Sport year 2006 CKD.Could you guys (525 M Sport owners / others are also welcome) say something about having this car? Advice me on the engine, interior (difference with imitation M Sport), maintenance wise, fuel consumption and requirement (RON 95 / 97), etc. Thanking you all in advance. :3:

tiggy07;649469 said:
Hi gentlemen..

I'm a newbie to this club. Recently changed my mind from getting myself an Impreza to 525 M Sport. Went to a car dealer in PJ and found one silver coloured 525 M Sport year 2006 CKD.
Could you guys (525 M Sport owners / others are also welcome) say something about having this car? Advice me on the engine, interior (difference with imitation M Sport), maintenance wise, fuel consumption and requirement (RON 95 / 97), etc. Thanking you all in advance. :3:

Imprezza WRX??? To 525 Msport e60??? That's a massive change of heart, cause one is a bullet easily pumped to 400bhp and the other is a refined pleasure drive that will not give you that kikindass feel.....so what is it you're looking for?

BTW - have you intro yourself in the Newbies section? If not, pls do or risk being sent to kuaci-land. Tq

I know its a massive change of heart but I have to sacrifice my needs for the sake of my family.. (tears dropping..)

Thanks anyway for informing to introduce myself in the newbies section.

I'm looking for explanation on E60 525 m sport in terms of the engine especially magnesium engine, how to differentiate between a genuine m sport with an imitation model, advice on how to pamper her, average maintenance cost and any other useful infos..

tiggy07;649528 said:
I know its a massive change of heart but I have to sacrifice my needs for the sake of my family.. (tears dropping..)

Thanks anyway for informing to introduce myself in the newbies section.

I'm looking for explanation on E60 525 m sport in terms of the engine especially magnesium engine, how to differentiate between a genuine m sport with an imitation model, advice on how to pamper her, average maintenance cost and any other useful infos..

I'd say u make a wise choice, from Subaru to BMW doesnt mean sacrificing, the Msport could be as fun drive as well.

Things to lookout:-

Magnesium Engine - Some complaint 'makan minyak' issue, check with the seller.
Genuine Msport - Most obvious will be the windows trim, Msport will have black color while normal ones are chrome. The bodykit can be easily replace but there will be some spots that u can take note.

Average maintainance will be circa RM600 every 10k unless other problem arise.

There many infos been discussed and u can read it at ur free time.

Hope to see u soon :)

Actually i had an agreement with my friend to buy his S203 but with my wife is currently pregnant with our 2nd child, i think comfort comes first... up to one's point of view though..

RM600 for every 10k mileage looks OK to me though.. logically higher power to weight ratio means better fuel consumption i.e. 523 M Sport (170+ HP) and 525 M Sport (210+ hp). weight of both cars are almost the same..

Notably a genuine M Sport does have a black coloured window trim and the interior (roof panel) is also black.

Many thanks to u man for d infos... really appreciate

Other things to spot inside a M-Sport model is the steering wheel, M-Sport seats, rims, absorber and bodykit. However the easiest to spot is the window trim and because it's very expensive, dealers normally won't change it :)

M-Sport vs Hi -Line

1. Suspension
2. Front, Side and Rear Bumper
3. Steering
4. Meter
5. Front Driver and Passenger Seat
6. Rim
7. Window trim

Check i-Drive screen .. better ambik yang wide screen ..
kalau nak tgk my 2006 M-Sports .. call la .. ;)
belanja i minum dah la ..
Loc Kelana Jaya, Shah Alam ..

Meter beza ke? From what I see it looks the same? Wide screen is surely better but most of the time wide screen comes with Navigation and the car also cost a bit more, lol

I'm going to go against the grain here and say I think it looks great, I like the new BMW design direction even if it is a bit "bland", in some respects a good thing. Give me a debadged 550i SE with standard wheels...

On the interior note I think wood/cream on new cars should be reserved solely for Jags Those M-sport alcantara/cloth seats are really nice to sit in and supportive in the 3 series so I'd imagine they are too in the 5 and the wood tends to look really fake which does not look good in what is an expensive, modern executive car.

All IMHO of course.

If you look closely .. you will see the different .. ;)
Coz im comparing my 525 M Sports meter with my fren 530 HiLine meter ..

Mine got navigation.. but Europe Map .. also cannot use ..
nampak cantik ajela .. ;)

I think you can get the DVD for local map and put inside? :) I heard it'll work if it's European navigation. If Japan then cannot.

aoch88;650686 said:
I think you can get the DVD for local map and put inside? :) I heard it'll work if it's European navigation. If Japan then cannot.

I know .. but heard the price is very expensive 2000++ for the DVD Malaysia Map .. I'm now using Garmin only .. cheap and can update map easily .. ;)

I saw in Mudah it's only around RM200-250 but not sure how good it is or if it works :) You can try and ask around.

aoch88;650422 said:
Other things to spot inside a M-Sport model is the steering wheel, M-Sport seats, rims, absorber and bodykit. However the easiest to spot is the window trim and because it's very expensive, dealers normally won't change it :)

i can see that M-Sport absorber is lower than hi line..

Kunta_Kinte;650454 said:
M-Sport vs Hi -Line

1. Suspension
2. Front, Side and Rear Bumper
3. Steering
4. Meter
5. Front Driver and Passenger Seat
6. Rim
7. Window trim

Check i-Drive screen .. better ambik yang wide screen ..
kalau nak tgk my 2006 M-Sports .. call la .. ;)
belanja i minum dah la ..
Loc Kelana Jaya, Shah Alam ..

The one yg i pegi view last time takde navigation bro.. dealer told me kena tambah which gonna cost around 8k - 10k.. is it true ??

is it true that if its a local spec we can check the car service history with AB using only the car key ??

and the current condition of the car can be checked in i-drive i.e. engine oil, brake pads, absorber, battery, etc... ???

tiggy07;650741 said:
The one yg i pegi view last time takde navigation bro.. dealer told me kena tambah which gonna cost around 8k - 10k.. is it true ??

If you add the navigation, it means you literally have to change the i-drive so by doing it, you need to spend RM8K easily. That is why if your car does not comes with navigation, it's better to buy a GPS seperately than doing this retrofit. At least for me, I don't feel it's justified to spend 8K when a GPS is only RM800 or lesser. I mean, I'm just being practical :)

tiggy07;650748 said:
is it true that if its a local spec we can check the car service history with AB using only the car key ??

and the current condition of the car can be checked in i-drive i.e. engine oil, brake pads, absorber, battery, etc... ???

I heard of this before but I'm not sure if it's really possible. However if you buy cars these days, dealers would have to inspect based on B7 and there is a 17 point check. I'm not sure how reliable is our Puspakom but my car has B7 and I feel less worried that it passes all tests :)

you're right bro ! with a cost about RM8k, i think its a total waste. Can at least get 10 of Garmins with that price.. hahaha... Will get one soon after my car is ready..

aoch88;650880 said:
If you add the navigation, it means you literally have to change the i-drive so by doing it, you need to spend RM8K easily. That is why if your car does not comes with navigation, it's better to buy a GPS seperately than doing this retrofit. At least for me, I don't feel it's justified to spend 8K when a GPS is only RM800 or lesser. I mean, I'm just being practical :)

exactly.. dealer just called to inform that my car to be inspected today.. hopefully everything is fine..

I heard of this before but I'm not sure if it's really possible. However if you buy cars these days, dealers would have to inspect based on B7 and there is a 17 point check. I'm not sure how reliable is our Puspakom but my car has B7 and I feel less worried that it passes all tests :)

Top Bottom