Higher ratio diff/lsd swap for e23

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

syahruln

Club Guest
I'm looking for higher ratio diff for my e23, probably anything from 3.9 - 4.3. From the net, it seems like the standard diff ratio for e23 is about 3.4. Is there any way I can from the diff with higher ratio from other car models? Hopefully without or with minimal modifications.Currently my car feels quite heavy and the speedometer reading is about 14% less than actual (e.g. actual speed is 165km/h, meter shows 140km/h). So now I'm looking into making the meter shows slightly more than actual, and offset that with larger tyres to make the reading accurate once again. Any clues about the costs also? :DCheers...

Bro, changing rear diff will not make your speedometer readings higher, but tachometer will!

Your tires probably arent the correct size :)

Oops! Gotta fix some of my logic circuits then :D After some reading from the net I guess this is too complicated to discuss here, may at some TT... but anyway, it seems now to get the speedometer reading back to normal, I have to throw away my "215/40R22" tyres and replace it with my original 195/60R15. Whoa! No other way eh?

But no worries, now just need to get the car feels lighter... and maybe some occassional spin at the lights... ;)

Top Bottom