HID Kit

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

simon

Club Guest
Dear all,Appreciate any comments from experience on the following:1) Which HID kit is the best in the market in terms of price, performance and reliability?2) Will 8000k be too blue and not white?3) What the correct position of the angel eye setting for the RHD cars? I am refering to the dial on top of the lamps, where you either turn it keft or right.Any feedback on this is most appreciated.Thank you all and Happy Holidays and A New Year!

It's kinda hard to tell which HID brand is the best. I supposed as long as the brightness is consistent, the ballast and bulb doesn't give way after a few weeks, it's considered good. I.e. Philips, SuperVision are the most common brands I believe. Prices range from RM1,300 to RM1,800 depending on supplier. If you have more mollah to burn, go for the Japanese PIAA....more than RM2,500 per set.

Good HID kits today comes with 2-in-1 ballast and alternator.

7,000k is white. 8,000 is slightly blueish but still looks white from a distance.

Just make sure you use the correct fuse once you upgrade to HID i.e. changing from 7.5 amp to 25 or 30 amp is recommended. The higher amp fuses are usually provided together with the HID kit.

Originally posted by simon@Dec 26 2004, 06:20 PM
Dear all,

Appreciate any comments from experience on the following:

1) Which HID kit is the best in the market in terms of price, performance and reliability?

2) Will 8000k be too blue and not white?

3) What the correct position of the angel eye setting for the RHD cars? I am refering to the dial on top of the lamps, where you either turn it keft or right.

Any feedback on this is most appreciated.

Thank you all and Happy Holidays and A New Year!
better save your money as rumour has it that JPJ is gonna ban HIDs.

Originally posted by c-square@Dec 31 2004, 03:02 PM

better save your money as rumour has it that JPJ is gonna ban HIDs.
actually, they might ban but who is gonna to imposed it?

If you are caught, they will ask you to revert to the original.. if the original is HID, then I really don't know what thay are gonna to do... stupid jpj. very soon the are gonna to ban cars becuase there are too many accidents on the road..

Flourescent and non-yellow headlamps are technically illegal. What they mean by "flourescent" is anybody's guess. Neon? HID?

I really hope they will start an anti-HID campaign. The JPJ will inevitably then get blasted by the public for punishing drivers legitimately seeking to improve their night vision.

Given the expensive fiascos of the past (tinting and speed telltale for commercial vehicles immediately come to mind) I'll give the Transport Ministry, or rather, the new Minister, the benefit of the doubt for now.

Actually some HIDs or white bulbs used on some cars are pretty irritating. but I think the culprits are mainly the white bluish halogen bulbs instead of the normal HID...

HID does improve night vision but beware when it rains.... especially those on highish K bulbs...

Originally posted by wkwoo69@Jan 1 2005, 10:13 PM
Flourescent and non-yellow headlamps are technically illegal. What they mean by "flourescent" is anybody's guess. Neon? HID?

I really hope they will start an anti-HID campaign. The JPJ will inevitably then get blasted by the public for punishing drivers legitimately seeking to improve their night vision.

Given the expensive fiascos of the past (tinting and speed telltale for commercial vehicles immediately come to mind) I'll give the Transport Ministry, or rather, the new Minister, the benefit of the doubt for now.
The exact opposite in Europe. In Europe any car lights that are yellow are banned. That's why there was a time when Kakimotor previously known as Southern Motorsport has truckloads of Phillips Turbo Halogens to unload. These were yellow tinged bulbs. Weird huh?

Cars without projector lights shouldn't be using HIDs. They glare the living nightlights out of everyone at night.....hahahah....such culprits include Vios, Kancils, Kelisa and Airtreks!!!! :angry: Oh blind me!

Originally posted by fabianyee@Jan 1 2005, 10:05 AM
Actually some HIDs or white bulbs used on some cars are pretty irritating. but I think the culprits are mainly the white bluish halogen bulbs instead of the normal HID...
there's this particular Estima near the apartment where i stay where the cilakak light is absolutely blinding. when we drive pass slowly to avoid those cars parked beside the road i have to shield my eyes from those piercing bright lights. i do it with a middle finger sticking on my forehead. since the driver see better with those damn HID (definitely way brighter than your regular Estima), see that u fool!

I suppose if you are using 7000k and above, it will be blinding for cars on the opposite direction, yeah the estima with HIDs is terrible for other cars on the road.

BAN ESTIMA!! :lol:

Originally posted by Daredevil@Dec 31 2004, 10:57 AM

Just make sure you use the correct fuse once you upgrade to HID i.e. changing from 7.5 amp to 25 or 30 amp is recommended. The higher amp fuses are usually provided together with the HID kit.
bro.. quick question pls

where to change the fuse? inside the fuse compartment box eh? which fuse no?

my hid sometimes turns yellowish.. turn off, then on again.. then it'll turn back to whitish.. and if unlucky, only after several tries.. ballast problem u reckon? or the current/voltage not stable?

forgive my lack of knowledge.. :(

How about this Brand? Is anyone using it.

Kaixen 7500K HID Xenon light system - Available in H1,H7 and HB4

HID Xenon lights produce 4 times the light while only using a 1/3 of the power those vintage halogen set-ups. All of our kits are Plug and Play,
meaning that no modifying or wire cutting is necessary. 1 year warranty.
- complete kit come with a pair of HID bulbs, a pair of ballasts.

MYR1680/= compete kit

Originally posted by Hairy@Feb 3 2005, 02:23 PM
How about this Brand? Is anyone using it.

HID Xenon lights produce 4 times the light while only using a 1/3 of the power those vintage halogen set-ups. All of our kits are Plug and Play,
meaning that no modifying or wire cutting is necessary. 1 year warranty.
- complete kit come with a pair of HID bulbs, a pair of ballasts.

MYR1680/= compete kit
Hairy this one good.. buy buy buy.... :D :D :D

Top Bottom