HID kaput...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

seech

Club Guest
Hi Guys,One of my HID's packed up the other day. Wondering if anyone can recommend a reliable accessory shop in USJ area for me to go and get it checked.Thanks.

seech,

swap the left ballast first with the right ballast.

If dont work, swap the HID bulb to determine either ballast or HID bulb.

Normally, its either the bulb or the ballast kaput.

Market price about RM200 for full set which include 2 ballast, 2 bulb and wiring hardness.

seech;598055 said:
Hi Guys,

One of my HID's packed up the other day. Wondering if anyone can recommend a reliable accessory shop in USJ area for me to go and get it checked.

Thanks.

ya light glass mirror is too shinny larrr ..so no need hid i bet ...

jarance;598090 said:
seech,

swap the left ballast first with the right ballast.

If dont work, swap the HID bulb to determine either ballast or HID bulb.

Normally, its either the bulb or the ballast kaput.

Market price about RM200 for full set which include 2 ballast, 2 bulb and wiring hardness.

jarance, I haven't verified myself as its quite a pain in the a** to remove the ballast on my car as I hid them into the fender so a bit time consuming to take out leh....

I thought just go to somewhere that sells it and get them to plug in their ballast to see if it works then can just change immediately.

Hmm.... have to buy the entire set ah? I thought if just the ballast kaput to just change the ballast only.

ICEMAN 13;598144 said:
ya light glass mirror is too shinny larrr ..so no need hid i bet ...

Hahahaha.... my car damn dirty at the moment leh. Planning a major detailing over the CNY holidays. Going to wetsand and coat the car...... if time permits. :)

seech;598156 said:
Hahahaha.... my car damn dirty at the moment leh. Planning a major detailing over the CNY holidays. Going to wetsand and coat the car...... if time permits. :)

if ya gonna wetsand it here in KL .. let me know ..will be around ...

seech;598155 said:
jarance, I haven't verified myself as its quite a pain in the a** to remove the ballast on my car as I hid them into the fender so a bit time consuming to take out leh....

I thought just go to somewhere that sells it and get them to plug in their ballast to see if it works then can just change immediately.

Hmm.... have to buy the entire set ah? I thought if just the ballast kaput to just change the ballast only.

Nowadays HID kit very cheap. Not many dealer want to sell seperate.

I remember jeffrey hid bulb was damaged and he also have to buy full set just to replace bulb. But I think bulb can be buy seperate.

anyway, can keep as spare.

I bought a single ballast (without the bulb) for RM120 last year, chap palang one.

bmw7833;598176 said:
I bought a single ballast (without the bulb) for RM120 last year, chap palang one.

I check on mudah just now, some HID kit are as low as RM65 for full set and bulb selling at RM70. Wow.. price really dropped.

ICEMAN 13;598172 said:
if ya gonna wetsand it here in KL .. let me know ..will be around ...

Caaaaannnnn.... will let you know if you willing to help.... :)

jarance;598175 said:
Nowadays HID kit very cheap. Not many dealer want to sell seperate.

I remember jeffrey hid bulb was damaged and he also have to buy full set just to replace bulb. But I think bulb can be buy seperate.

anyway, can keep as spare.

Thanks. Will go check it out.

Top Bottom