Hi to all,

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

SDHAUNSI

Club Guest
Dear all,I have been browsing through this forum for the past two days and was amazed at the number of SIFU's out there with more knowledge of the Bimmer Family Cars then my regular foreman (which by the way I think everytime calls on of you to find out on how to repair my car).I currently just bought an E30 year 1983 series BMW, and would definately love to meet up with anyone of you guys for TT Session or even beers.I am located in Ampang area near KDE any of you guys or gals that live around this area and want to cartalk just give me a holler, would appreaciate all the help that I can get. My number is 016 672 2446.By the way just an hour ago my baby (E30) just started to blow me hot (I mean the aircond) took it to my regular workshop guy and he says the valve is jammed or clogged, claims he has to dismantle the whole dashboard and so to repair it, just wondering if this is true or is there any other way to excess it, and also the whole job can be completed in 3 days, me living without my baby for three days is just impossible, wondering if any of you guys also know of any other mechanic who can do it fast, within 24 hours. Plus the repair estimation is around RM 2500, i think this is pricey, wonder if anyone has had the same problem as mine before and what was the cost of reapir. Would love to meet up with any of you guys for more detailed discussion over TT (on me of course) as tomorrow is a public holiday and I can come to anyplace of your convenience, would appreciate the help.Thank you in advance and "Selamat Hari Raya Korban"Sukhjit Singh Dhaunsi

I'd recommend Naidu's at Shell (next to EPF on J.Gasing PJ even tho da distance. :D

Aircond blowing hot air.

1) out of gas

2) condensor is clogged - can be changed without hassle

3) Cooling coil dirty - situated behind the centre console (can be removed without taking out the dashboard)

4) internal hoses leaking - still can be changed without dismantling the dashboard.

5) Compressor leaking - no brainer

Hope this helps.

BTW, Welcome to the club and please doa an introdictuion on the newbie section.

Welcome to the club Mr. Singh! Wish I could join the teh-tarik session as well.

But remember, its not the teh-tarik that causes diabetes.....its the condensed milk in it (stupidest public statement i've heard so far in 2006! .... its like saying "its not the whisky that makes you drunk .... its the alcohol in it").

Hi there Stu Daddy,

Love the pic, hahaha, ok alright lets meet up let me know the time and place.

And by the way just call me Jit.\

Thanks

Jefferyewe,

ok done my intro, sorry for jumping the gun.

Originally posted by SDHAUNSI@Jan 9 2006, 05:36 PM
Plus the repair estimation is around RM 2500, i think this is pricey, wonder if anyone has had the same problem as mine before and what was the cost of repair.

Hi . Welcome to the club. I hope that you will enjoy your stay here. Achtung! Dont get " Racuned " by the Southern region Singh aka Vanquish by telling you the whole history of ICE and BMW's history. ;)

BTW bro dont get conned by those irresponsible mechanic of yours and so called your regular workshop. I am driving an E36 318 and did my air-cond system for only RM800.00. This price is inclusive of getting the dash board down, new cooling coil replaced, valve replaced, cleaning of hosses, filter replaced, gas, major clean outs and labour charges. If you dont mind coming down to JB, I can bring you to him. He is the club too and having an E30 as his ride. ( non forummer ). For more info, call Ah Soon at 012 - 7223767. Just tell him that you are from the club. Good luck.

bro, wah 2K++ to repair aircon...

here's what i learned from the forum..... :blush:

1. to install all new aircon system on your car... not more than 1500 max 2000 (i know this because4 my car no aircon, i'm planning to install one)

2. use Japs aircon part for aircon as they are colder and longer lasting. apperently the originbal is not as good and are troublesome to maintain, esp the blower. ie Original blower - take out dashboard to take out blower, jap blower - high speed, no need to take out dashboard

ps contact nikazwaa as he is living in ampang :D

ding B)

sat sri akaal sardarji .... kidhaaaa

welcome to the club and do join us for the regular tt or perhaps if you want to have some chilled ones just give me a buzz at maxis 267triple68... we can meet up somewhere PJ ... :D

ssa....welcome bhai.....

Some word of wisdom from mechanics...."u tak usah risau..ini wua kasi bikin sama lu 4, 5 tahun tarak perlu service punya"...and end up paying the unnecessary price

Kena potong sampai guling liau....

regards

chung kok wa si......hang che, chong che...em sai che

Top Bottom