Hi guys...decisions decisions decisions...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

EuJax

Club Guest
Hi people, hope all is well. Anyway i've come to found a few used e36 318i, year 1997. Pretty condition. But am not sure if i should pay more than RM50k for them....any advice or opinions? And can anyone tell me whats the on going interest rate for such a car now? Would very very much appreciate any help at all. Thanks. RegardsJacky

bro ..that depends on what EXTRA comes with the car ..etc b-kits , rims , suspensions , ice and so on

why not hunt for a 6 potter ... sheet power and so on ...

bank rate at this moment ..check out the banking side bro ...

I agree with Iceman. The most you can apply loan is 3-5 years depends on the bank. Unless you have loads of CA$H in hands

My view is that if financially permitted, try to get a new one instead of the used...

1st, of cos a new car condition is better and under warranty...

2nd, the interest rate is much lower than getting a used...

Lastly, a used condition might appear in tip top condition but after a few months of use, problems start to pop up...

My 2cent!

Thank you guys. And very sorry for the late reply, was busy and couldnt get connection to internet.

The car is stock standard, no extra bodykits or anything except for a wing side mirror which was fitted by AB when owner bought the car. An extra package was taken by the owner when he bought it in 97, thus comes with that smart hiding audio system and CD changer,anyone experienced them? Just wonder if that audio will break down as its closing and opening everytime u start and off the car :p

Thanks for the link, ICEMAN.

Couldnt afford new car, too much a difference...:)

Anymore thoughts? :) Keep em coming...

Regards

Help

EuJax;236213 said:
Thank you guys. And very sorry for the late reply, was busy and couldnt get connection to internet.

The car is stock standard, no extra bodykits or anything except for a wing side mirror which was fitted by AB when owner bought the car. An extra package was taken by the owner when he bought it in 97, thus comes with that smart hiding audio system and CD changer,anyone experienced them? Just wonder if that audio will break down as its closing and opening everytime u start and off the car :p

Thanks for the link, ICEMAN.

Couldnt afford new car, too much a difference...:)

Anymore thoughts? :) Keep em coming...

Regards

If the seller are sincere and honest then have the car check by three mechs. Check the forum as many Mech are listed there. Best guide for newbies on BMW search is Anxious thread.. he has gone through an expensive experience.

Good luck on your buy. If possible, get a 328 1998/99 Anyway, there one 318 for sale at bimmersclub.com

Cheers

Thanks Geoffrey. Will check it out. Not up for the standard of 328i :) Maybe later in my life...but prefer to get a 2002 if i have the extras...

Regards

Many said.. E36 are a good car to start our BMW ownership experience. E46 are pricy to maintain.

geoffreylee;236226 said:
Many said.. E36 are a good car to start our BMW ownership experience. E46 are pricy to maintain.

why not e30, much cheaper to start with.

Thanks...

Hi guys, am running on e30 currently and loving every bit of it :) Its really fun and u got the European feel...luxury? Am not sure bout that but its one tough and pretty comfy car to ride around. And it still gets attention ;)

Now thinking of e36 as a even more comfy car for cruising...but not gonna sell my e30...:) not for now at least...

Cheers.

EuJax;234624 said:
Hi people, hope all is well. Anyway i've come to found a few used e36 318i, year 1997. Pretty condition. But am not sure if i should pay more than RM50k for them....any advice or opinions?

And can anyone tell me whats the on going interest rate for such a car now? Would very very much appreciate any help at all. Thanks.

Regards
Jacky

eujax,

good for you. don't let go the e30. keep it, upgrade it, modify it etc.

but for e36 at more than rm50k for 97, i think it is a bit on the higher side. scout around again. and for the interest, i think it is around 4% plus for 4 to 5 yrs period. gl.

I think RM50k is a bit on the high side. My 1999 ride was only quoted around RM45k (abt 3 weeks back) when thinking of trading it in for a VW. After hearing of the current value for my car, I decided against selling it.

c-square;236500 said:
I think RM50k is a bit on the high side. My 1999 ride was only quoted around RM45k (abt 3 weeks back) when thinking of trading it in for a VW. After hearing of the current value for my car, I decided against selling it.
Keep the car and still buy the VW :smokin:

Chances are you won't be seeing anything higher than the 45k in the future. The price will be going downhill faster the nearer your car comes to being 10-years old. Or you can sell your 1999 E36 to Eujax for 50k :wink:

So just bite the bullet and get the VW!

EuJax;236213 said:

My brother sold his 318i for 52k in June last year. It was a 1997 model.

It had a new engine block + numerous other engine parts, new leather upholstery and new shocks.

Otherwise it was standard. Hope that helps.

Well....

Hey Justin, yea couldnt find any nice W202...more luck with E36...so....

Thank you guys for sharing your experience and thoughts. I knew paying RM50k was a little stiff for that car but i really could not find another piece that is of the same condition...not many 1 owner car around...hmm...

Regards

Guys....

Make a little booking on the car...at rm50k with specs like below, please advice me....

1. Everything been serviced by AB till today.
2. 4 new suspension by AB early this year.
3. 4 new tires.
4. Many small parts are changed according to advise by AB.
5. Leather seats.
6. Original Kenwood CD Changer.
7. Side panel cloth aging and losing.
8. No accessories except a winged side mirror which was also upgraded by AB.
9. 1 owner.
10. Anything else? Please remind me..

Would greatly appreciate your comment if the price is still high....thanks thanks...

Regards

Advisable to get all four keys (spare, valet and service key) and also the alarm key. On top of this don't forget the manual. It is good for your reference.

Oh yeah, what about the paint. I believe it is still in original condition with minimum stone chips.

Good luck.

The paint.

Hi Strider,

Forgot to mention, the owner painted the car in 2004 in AB. Saw its receipt that cost him RM6k plus...

Yes all 4 sets of keys still with owner. Just feeling a little pinch for paying more then market price...but love the car though...

Regards

Top Bottom