HELP on EWS ....Please

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

rubes72

Club Guest
Dear Sifu'sI did something really stupid with my scanner. I was trying to get rid of the milage tamper dot and was sucessful... now the dot is gone and the milage is good.... however hand became gatal and accidently changed the setting from "as EWS2" to "EWS3" .... now a cannot change it back. I have this error now on DME that no Data from EWS.... Best part is now car cannot start...... this is by far the dumbest thing I have done. Can anybody help? I have 2 scanners but I still can't get the GT1 to work, it keeps getting disconnected.Please help!!!!

You need to quickly contact our sifu Jarance (012) 339-xxxx

Sorry, I dont everybody to call me.. Hee.. hee.. Only OM can have my number.

I was hoping Jarance would read this post.... but looks like he is busy

err. did you save the data before you edit it.

If you did, you can download it back. else you have to find somebody who have the same module.

or maybe you key is out of syn. - sorry, this is not correct. Out of syn will prevent
the door from opening or closing but can start the car.

rubes, your E46 or E39? maybe I can help if your is E46 or E39.

If you look at the live data of EWS, you can see the following.
and the reason why the starter is disable.

Capture_6.jpg

jarance;713379 said:
err. did you save the data before you edit it.

If you did, you can download it back. else you have to find somebody who have the same module.

or maybe you key is out of syn. - sorry, this is not correct. Out of syn will prevent
the door from opening or closing but can start the car.

rubes, your E46 or E39? maybe I can help if your is E46 or E39.

Mine is E38.... should be the same ... the problem is I changed the EWS algorithm, and now I cannot change it back. I did save a backup of the EWS, but i cannot write to it as have to change the algorithm back to EWS2. I was reading some write ups and says have to solder connections 3 and 4. P.A. Soft also mentions that.

Would you rekon that a workshop can solve this?

Gatal betul. Wait for Collin to try & rescue you tomorrow. If that fails I think you may have to tow the car to Albert 0122017792. I think he may have the solution for you.

Car towed.......at Albert's. Looks like have to change ews. There are a few post on the net about shorting connctors 3 and 4 to unlock and reprogram the ews. But I dare not do it. PAsoft has that option. Maybe once I have the new ews I can experiment. Lesson learnt, there is a limit to the gatalness and don't try if not sure.

Are u sure u have save the EWS data ? as i know BMW scanner not able to make this data right ? the data is call eeprom. if u really save down the eeprom then i really can help u.
No need to solder wire but if that is CAS i then might need to solder wire. Latest tool can directly plug into obd II then can make key from EWS and CAS already.

So now ur case is need to unplug EWS and then let me to write back the eeprom using my tool if u have the eeprom. But need to check first. It might not the eeprom problem it could be DME not sync with EWS only.

rubes72;713744 said:
Car towed.......at Albert's. Looks like have to change ews. There are a few post on the net about shorting connctors 3 and 4 to unlock and reprogram the ews. But I dare not do it. PAsoft has that option. Maybe once I have the new ews I can experiment. Lesson learnt, there is a limit to the gatalness and don't try if not sure.

Any update from ur side now ?

Ok... here is the update. Car was in the workshop, all the sifu's that came could not slove the issue. Mech suggested to change DME and EWS. Not happy with that idea ( too expensive )
Next got hold of a EWS editor and loaded back the image previously saved. Problem is that it will not write certain portion like the EWS type.

Next step was to default the EWS to factory setting... now car can crank but cannot start. ( so close yet so for ). Managed to code everything except for one thing my key rolling code.... this can only be done if you know the password of the key. I can unlock the key but could not generate a new running code. So now it's key problem, all other errors was cleared and EWScan now talk to the DME. only thing is that cannot activate key.

BMW keys cannot be opened once it is closed. you can activate and deactivate. In order to enable this key to my new settings, I willl need my key password. So option is to get a new key and write it to the EWS. By this time I fed up already.... so just change the damm DME and EWS.

Now I have a different problem.... I get error IKE-EEPROM on my cluster and the speed needle is not working. Before this nothing works ... re coded it now only the speed does not show. when scanning with PA soft, does not show any errors. I have checked my i-bus and it's fine there is voltage and i can read it.

Anybody has dump for IKE and LCM for E38? i need coding data and EEPROM date. I tried with a different IKE but that unit has a faulty I-BUS.

tweiboon;714301 said:
Are u sure u have save the EWS data ? as i know BMW scanner not able to make this data right ? the data is call eeprom. if u really save down the eeprom then i really can help u.
No need to solder wire but if that is CAS i then might need to solder wire. Latest tool can directly plug into obd II then can make key from EWS and CAS already.

So now ur case is need to unplug EWS and then let me to write back the eeprom using my tool if u have the eeprom. But need to check first. It might not the eeprom problem it could be DME not sync with EWS only.

What tool do you have? I still have the old EWS and DME.... I do not know if you can use the data from P.A soft dump. if can then good. I don'tmind trying ....

rubes72;721684 said:
What tool do you have? I still have the old EWS and DME.... I do not know if you can use the data from P.A soft dump. if can then good. I don'tmind trying ....

The PA Soft cannot write the EWS and accept new key. tweiboon have the key writer. He can cancel the old key and rewrite mew key. The EWS can accept up to extra 6 new keys.

jarance;721689 said:
The PA Soft cannot write the EWS and accept new key. tweiboon have the key writer. He can cancel the old key and rewrite mew key. The EWS can accept up to extra 6 new keys.

Hi Jarance,

I bit of information i learnt when troubleshooting my car .... when your car is manufactured there are 10 keys assigned, you get 4 keys the other 6 keys are kept with BMW. These keys are then given to you when you request them and they charge you an arm and a leg. This is then activated in the program. All these keys are already programmed into the system even before you get the car. What the key writter does is that it takes up a slot of the key usuallly slots 5-10. but bear in mind that if you become very rich and go back to BMW for a key, that key might not work if the key number has already been used.... but I will not have to worry about that.... got better things to do with money than to give to BMW for keys already meant for my car.

Top Bottom