help needed

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

unstopables_7

Official Member
Guys,I really need some inputs here...I just replace my clutch and also O2 sensor(new)..before i send my car,i have checked and the O2 sensor is allready faulty..and at that moment i'm having difficulty to start the car..so i assumed it was bcos of the O2 sensor..After i took my car yesterday,the mechanic told me everything is settled..and of course the clutch is super light and the car feels very light..but the starting prob is still there..is like this..1st time crank..fail2nd..fail..3rd CONFIRM can start..If im lucky the 2nd time can start..once in a blue moon..i'm wondering why..after scanning..no fault!advise plz.....what should i check?BUT this only happens when the car is cold..assuming i leave the car 1 nite the next morning..itz happens..but if i use d car and after 2-3hours start back sure no prob..1 time start..Itz a 325 e36..

View attachment 17605cud be yr cam position sensor(pic) or the crank postiion sensor(located in front of the engine near the toothed pulley).best to get the sensor resistance value and see if it's within tolerance before changing.and no i don't have the figures.sorry

moots;583657 said:
View attachment 17605cud be yr cam position sensor(pic) or the crank postiion sensor(located in front of the engine near the toothed pulley).best to get the sensor resistance value and see if it's within tolerance before changing.and no i don't have the figures.sorry

thanx bro..will check it a.s.a.p..
any other things i need to check?
my fren did ask me 2 check the plugs and IVC..advise?

Not sure if ICV can be the cause of your car not being able to start. Have you checked the starter?

Could be starter motor konk already. I faced similar problem.

1st time - "tak" sound
2nd time - crank.. start.

i havent check anything yet..really bz afew days..
im going to check this weekand..
but bro John..mine dont have the "tak" sound..its crank properly n normally..

1st crank fail
2nd crank almost there but fail
3rd crank sure start..but after start there's 1 kind of smell like d petrol burning smell quiet strong..

wonder y..
talk 2 my mechanic on the phone..
he said wana check the spark plug and petrol filter 1st..

And i do have a question bro..
my O2 senson has been faulty about 1month and i still use d car..
so..just thinking and thinking..is it possible that the mixture was not good and the other parts are effected..
like dirty with the extra carbon due 2 not proper burning in the engine?

bro unstopables.....bro its time to d carbo ur engine...will clear ur carbon inside ur engine....iam duin it n walaaa now averythng become smooth...n more powerfull...the engine will easier to start..the petrol smell just bcoz ur ready overflow while u crank more than twice......

yat;584463 said:
bro unstopables.....bro its time to d carbo ur engine...will clear ur carbon inside ur engine....iam duin it n walaaa now averythng become smooth...n more powerfull...the engine will easier to start..the petrol smell just bcoz ur ready overflow while u crank more than twice......

thanx bro..
and now the prob is gone actually..
and the best thing..i dint do anything..i just empty my petrol tank completely and pour shell back..because i was using shell all the way..but i rmmbered last week i ran out of gas and i had no choice but only petronas..and..after that all this happend..so after me thinking n thinking it triggers my mind..so everything settle..

But bro..
mind to share how did the d carbo thing??really new to this actually..coz as i know there's alot in the market and i'm abit afraid and dont wana simply try..

bro..HELP!!
prob is back..i really dont know what to do..
when to the mechanic..he scanned again..no error..checked battery,starter,plugs all okay..
he ask me to put the car at his place for 2-3 dayz for him to check..and im abit reluctant to do that..i wana know the prob 1st..if not he will ask 2 change this change that but that might not even be faulty..

HELP Sifu's!!

i'm really interested about the decarbo thingy how does it work actually?

unstopables_7;598756 said:
finally solve the prob today..

You have asked for help and our bros here are so willing to give you some pointers. When you have solved your problem, at least tell us what was wrong with your car. Don't lah just say "finally solve the problem" and disappeared.

Apiz;599761 said:
i'm really interested about the decarbo thingy how does it work actually?

Me too interested to know, some said use V-Power Racing full tank for 2-3 times then it will decarbo the engine and will improve for the performance bck. Don't know how true it is..

Alex5522;599834 said:
Me too interested to know, some said use V-Power Racing full tank for 2-3 times then it will decarbo the engine and will improve for the performance bck. Don't know how true it is..

where did u hear about the V-Power Racing thingy?

i'm very sorry sifu's..been abit busy lately..
after a real full check,the mechanic told me that the FUEL REGULATOR was leaking and told me that's the reason for all this while and after i changed it.. prob solve..

cause me about..

Fuel Regulator rm 230
labour rm 70
total rm 300..

for the first time i'm happy when i see the bill..cause i tought at first it was gonna cause me a bomb!

Top Bottom