Help Me on this

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

eau-rouge

Club Guest
ive been to a chopshop in puchong...the price for E36 with M50B20 halfcut is RM6000.is it cheap?one more thing,how i wanna know whether its a vanos or non-vanos engine??

mr rough water,

these are my opinions, dont take it personally

1. m50 engine is abit heavy for the e21 to handle

2. you need a radical or customised suspension setup-which maynot be availble here since the e21 is way off the production line

3. engine fitment in the compact size of the e21 bay is a big risk

4. even if you do get it to fit in, there will be alotta fabrication work, so fabrication means time, last major fabrication work was about 1 year for a particular e30 that we are very familiar with

5.electronics and wiring maybe a major headache if not done proper

6. finding a workshop that will undertake this conversion is another challenge, as i practically had to haul 2 big bouncers to twist the mechanics arms to make him agree to do my conversion
-thank you to the bouncers, jug of heiney on me next time ! ( 1 jug u 2 share, i'm broke!!)

7. please serious do a search if it has been done and what type of parts need to be fabricated and bought from overseas, as alot of parts are not available here

8. *yawn*......*yawn*

back to topic
- e36 m50b20 ,6k ....does it come with gearbox?
i'd say a tad on the high side, even if it is a vanos

you will need an e34 m50 engine as the oil pan off a 5 series will only fit into the e30/e21 crossmember

Dude, you really:

a ) have a death wish
b ) must be filthy rich
c ) must be ignorant

BTW, it is too expensive if w/o gearbox.

Listen to teejay's advise......or do you need a bi-lingual dictionary?

bro,M50B20?why?? :dunno:
as i said before this,m20b20 is sufficient enough...ask nsbone bout this,he knows...dunt think its a good idea man...and if u change the engine to m50b20,think bout sourcing other parts such as suspension,brakes n etc...and i think that would exceed ur budget of 10k...just my 2 sen..

Yup 6k a bit high, saw in MTrader last week, m50b25 with gb and longshaft going for less than 6K.

For e21, there heaps of m20b20 being dumped in lieu of b25 so you could get one for real cheap.

Dude,

Listen to the sifus, PLEASE! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Plonking in a M50B20 heart into a e21 is just too much strain.

i think better u dump in m20b20,get a new dashboard,fix all the rust probs n etc,if not,u'll end up plonking m50b20 with no money left in ur pocket to restore the body of ur car..my 2 cents

Originally posted by kevster30@Feb 22 2006, 12:47 AM
Dude, you really:

a ) have a death wish
b ) must be filthy rich
c ) must be ignorant

BTW, it is too expensive if w/o gearbox.

Listen to teejay's advise......or do you need a bi-lingual dictionary?
Dude,

You are looking out for the member's welfare, as usual, which is to be commended.

But unless we know eau-rouge well, maybe he deserves the benefit of the doubt? Maybe the complexity and/or cost is not beyond him.

His spirit of discovery and experimentation is laudable. If he decides to proceed and succeeds, wouldn't his experience be valuable to other members?

If he proceeds and fails, his lessons learnt would also be valuable to him and to other members.

:dunno:

Originally posted by kevster30@Feb 22 2006, 06:42 PM
Lee,

TQ for your commendable response on this matter. Here's my point: if this person has done the relevant research on e21s, he/she would not be asking questions of this manner.
OK. Point taken.

Pardon my ignorance, and out of curiosity, what are the main reasons why this would be inadvisable?

okay..here goes.

I'm helpping a friend selling his engine off..

Its an M50B25 Non Vanos ,which converted into an E30. If you are serious he is selling it at a very good price.

Its in Puchong and you can come view the car.

Dun worry about the Documentations...all the papers are real so it'll be easy for you to go for inspection to make it road legal car .

dun buy those engine without custom paper and invoices. If not you'll face problems with JPJ..problems such as..stolen parts,stolen cars and tempering with the chasis...

reason to sell his M50..??? cos he is transfered back to SG land.

you know how to contact me...????

Top Bottom