HELP: Car vibrates while stationary and cannot accelarete

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

badass_ck

Club Guest
Dear all,When I was driving back home just now. I found out the following:1) My car suddenly vibrates (my seat was literally vibrating);2) Be it 'D', 'N' or 'P' gear, it still vibrates while stationary/stopped at traffic light3) I realise the accelaration power is gone.I called the regular mechanic I go to, he said it is my coil. He old me that it is ok to drive again after leaving my car for a few hours.My questions are:1) is it the 'coil problem'?2) the mechanic shop is almost 35km away. He said it is ok to drive that far even if it vibrates. Can I drive that far?3) any side effect if i drive that far? Urgently need help. Thank you in advance.

Yes, one of the ignition coils is bad. No other side effects other than what you already experienced.

if it is a coil problem, no problem you can drive.

i even drive from seremban back to KL.

thanks for the info. Am less worried now. Really got the shock of my life just now. Phewww :)

Quickly get it checked and get it changed. Dont mind also let us know how much the damage $$.

Hi,

Yes, I've fixed the problem. Out of 4 ignition coils, it was found, 1 was spoilt. So I'd changed it.

1 coil = RM 85, changed all 4 spark plugs, as it was due for service, I'd flushed my engine too and added some oil to all d axels. In total, I'd spent RM 666 :)

Be prepared for the other 3 remaining coils to go bad anytime.

bro...yes it is one of the plug coils gone kong. I just changed them for my e46. plug #2 was gone.....so i changed all the 4 plug coils together to avoid them going off one by one. it cost around RM130per plug coil. hope this info helps.

Dear sifus,

Sorry to bump up this thread but need to tumpang. I'm a newbie here. My intro is/was here.

Took delivery of a 2004 325i (E46) about 3 weeks ago. Loving it so far.

Today, I experienced the following symptoms on my E46 325i:
a) Vibration after starting engine
b) Acceleration seems to to be slower (speedometer needle) or I might be imagining things because I didn't really step on the accelerator.

It all started when I started the car engine to go out earlier in the afternoon - I thought the idle was a little high, around 1000 RPM. Noticed a bit of vibration when I was still in my driveway and didn't think much of it.

Later on, I tried again when I was going out - RPM seems to be at the normal range. Walk to the back and heard this funny noise coming from the exhaust. It's like a "put put put put ...... " sound. So I don't think its the ignition coil issue but an exhaust problem?

I've uploaded a Youtube video of it here.

Any idea what this issue is? Would the ignition coil issue cause the weird "put put put" sound from the exhaust?

First time I've experienced this issue since I got the car 3 weeks ago. I don't think the workshops are open tomorrow (I'm in the Damansara area) and I've got to work, I might have to wait until after tomorrow to get it checked by the mechanics.

Thanks sifus!

Bro Bigfoot-x, when you took delivery of the car 3 weeks ago, did you go for a full check up of the car and get it serviced? Suggest that you quickly go diagnose the problem. I reckon workshops are open tomorrow since today is Malaysia Day and not tomorrow.

Problem Solved - Confirmed Ignition Coil Issue

teighlour;770858 said:
Bro Bigfoot-x, when you took delivery of the car 3 weeks ago, did you go for a full check up of the car and get it serviced? Suggest that you quickly go diagnose the problem. I reckon workshops are open tomorrow since today is Malaysia Day and not tomorrow.

Bro teighlour, thanks for the advised.

Managed to apply for leave today and brought the car to the workshop.

Confirmed it was ignition coil problem, # 1 to be exact. Exhaust now sounds like a beautiful symphony :)

[video=youtube;JLDo7Jk78ac]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLDo7Jk78ac[/video]

Top Bottom