Hankook tire shops

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tumbleweed

Club Guest
Am about ready for a new set of tires. I was thinking of trying out some Hankooks. Can someone recommend some tire shops dealing with Hankooks? I haven't seen many around. Perhaps I just wasn't paying attention before.Thanks.

Hankook can last longer than normal falken, im selling lorry and car tyres, but depends on wat brand. Im in klang. check the manufactured year of the tyre, wat tread ? rain or normal ? quiet or noisy tread, those also u need to consider when buying tyres. Some brand does not suitable for inter car like BMW or Merc due to heavy weight.

ive been using v12 evo.. Good on dry... Not noisy but no confident on wet. I heard the S1 series are pretty good all rounder. However the koreans are getting pricy nowadays.

I paid 330 a piece about a year back in ipoh. Shah alam tires quoted me 420. 215 45 17.

perryyip73;564251 said:
Hankook can last longer than normal falken, im selling lorry and car tyres, but depends on wat brand. Im in klang. check the manufactured year of the tyre, wat tread ? rain or normal ? quiet or noisy tread, those also u need to consider when buying tyres. Some brand does not suitable for inter car like BMW or Merc due to heavy weight.

Points taken. Yup, I've considered all those factors and I found Hankook seem to be a good alternative to other more "popular" brands. Haven't tried them yet so I thought I'd give them a shot. They got some good reviews too.

sachseelan;564262 said:
ive been using v12 evo.. Good on dry... Not noisy but no confident on wet. I heard the S1 series are pretty good all rounder. However the koreans are getting pricy nowadays.

I paid 330 a piece about a year back in ipoh. Shah alam tires quoted me 420. 215 45 17.

Yeah, I'm considering those two models. So what do you think? V12 or S1? I'm kinda undecided on that. Sad to hear the V12 is iffy in the wet though.

So much price difference between KL and Ipoh?! I wouldn't mind just driving up there to buy them!!

if you the hard driving type, i suggest you go for the S1 ...

but if you the cruiser type than V12 is sufficient..

oh yes, and these hankooks seems to last much longer, after almost one year thread is stll like 90% and rubber still soft...

as for pricing, i think there is a tire price database thread somewhere here, or you can find a very comprehensive one at 0-100.com

cheers

S1 cannot do it in the wet also. Big overall longkangs but didn't manage anything above 80 km/h in the wet. For the price, its better to get a set of Goodyear RevSpec. Good all-rounder! If u don't mind the noise, can try Falken FK452 or Federal 595 EVO.

Ade;564317 said:
S1 cannot do it in the wet also. Big overall longkangs but didn't manage anything above 80 km/h in the wet. For the price, its better to get a set of Goodyear RevSpec. Good all-rounder! If u don't mind the noise, can try Falken FK452 or Federal 595 EVO.

I'm using FK 452 225/55/16. Handling & Grip wise i'd say it's very good. Very predictable in dry & wet. I've got no complains on noise level maybe cuz i'm running on 55 series. I dunno how much of a difference on noise level wud it be on 18"s.

Bros, can some1 help me check federal price for 235x35x19 and 275x30x19 , find me the cheaper price of the price if different brand also will do, as long as cheap :D cause i drive slow.

perryyip73;564449 said:
Bros, can some1 help me check federal price for 235x35x19 and 275x30x19 , find me the cheaper price of the price if different brand also will do, as long as cheap :D cause i drive slow.

U want cheap tires...go get Nexen N8000. Can get good price from QuickSave USJ. I saw a few Golf GTis installing those. Thread looks utmost like CSC3..wohoo..

I believe for 19"s, Nexen does a great job in terms of pricing compared to the rest. Check out N9000 (i think)...V-grooved!

I search in mudah, Bentayar selling 2nd hand 235 x 35 x 19 RM400/pc 80% and 255x 35 x 19 RM500/pc 80%. I wonder if new one how much. Nexen or federal anything as long the cheapest.

any nexen or federal with these sizes ...215 / 40 / 17 ...if yes do let me know where to get them from ... TQ

Ade;564317 said:

Oh dear, S1 ain't good on wet either? Shucks! Looks like I gotta look for some other brand.

Oh gosh no, I can't stand noisy tires so those tires will be off my list. Thanks for the heads up.

sachseelan;564295 said:
if you the hard driving type, i suggest you go for the S1 ...

but if you the cruiser type than V12 is sufficient..

oh yes, and these hankooks seems to last much longer, after almost one year thread is stll like 90% and rubber still soft...

as for pricing, i think there is a tire price database thread somewhere here, or you can find a very comprehensive one at 0-100.com

cheers

I wouldn't consider myself an aggressive driver but I do enjoy an occasional spirited driving especially around corners.

There is a database here but none listed for the size and type I am looking for.

Tumbleweed,
For Hankooks, try RS2. I heard from 2 friends who were using them had no complaints. Personal experience, Goodyear Revspec. What size u were looking for?

Perry,
Thought you were in the tyre business?

Top Bottom