groupon vouchers was being rejected !!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ICEMAN 68

Founding Member
well as you see these days there are lotsa deals being offered by GROUPON and definately some are worth the amount of $$$ i would say ..but has anyone faced any problems upon purchasing with them ?well here goes my ordeal ..purchase 2 sets of package vouchers from them sometime in april and the deal was till end of JULY ...therefore somewhere mid of july wanted to use it , but then was being rejected by the service provider@the package deal provider that they do not accept groupon vouchers no longer... was calling the service provider but never picked up the phone and hence deided to take a drive there and was told so as above that they do not accept groupon vouchers ....upon these called back groupon and was shocked that they wanted every single bits of transaction copies done and proof of payment ...damm luckily i did save the payment slip in my lappy folder and was able to show them ...upon these i had to make a few call to groupon ..at first they say that the package deal is over and this is month of august already, but i told them dude this happen in mid july when the package was still active ...so what's with the fuss .... lastly they decided to return my payment but i have to write in to them showing all the above ...what a hassle way to deal with ...then i had to nego further for the inconvinice caused of us driving down to the service provider just to hear that they no longer accept groupon buys..they decide to give me each a RM5 X 3 token for groupon buy ...well then i told them weii i bought 2 larrr and whats with only one coupon ...then they wrote as below stated "" Thank you for your email.Please be informed that we will proceed to refund to you with total RM66 using the same method that you used previously. Kindly take note that the refund will take approximately 14 working / business days to process. The 6 x RM5 token has been placed in her account. No worries :)Thank you once again for your kind patience and understanding towards us :)We apologize for any inconvenience. Hope the above clarified your concern ""now how can at first they ask us to pay to enjoy their packages instantly , but when comes to payback it will take them 14 working days ..yes i know big cooperation takes a longer time, but this is not the right way to do business IMHO ...and as for RM5 token that's being placed to the account is for one time use for a single purchase only and you can't use the entire RM5X6 for a single buy ..WHAT A WAY TO MAKE MORE MONEY was wondering ...what if they collect most of the payments and then go MIA ... that's a lot of money there as payment made take effect the next following day ...well i'm not sure if any one of you guys had such an experience with them ...OR even a good experience with them ...any good experience to share about this GROuPON thinggy ??

Iceman13,

Sorry to hear about your ordeal with Groupon and I sure they are many other unfortunate customers who went through the same hassle of getting a refund. One must admit that consumer's rights here in Malaysia is in a deplorable state and as such many vendors are taking advantage of it. Incidentally I have just posted my 2 cents worth of thought in another thread http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/foru...e46-key-want-me-to-sign-a-letter-for-warranty

Cheers

I bought a few vouchers from groupon and milkadeal before. Never really had a problem since I always use the vouchers a week after the deal starts. Hopefully you can get your refund asap.

I don't have any problem with Groupon so far..

Anyway, Groupon only takes 30% of the purchase price of the deal you bought, rest of it goes to the vendor. Probably that's why it takes a bit of time to get your cash back cos it entails them getting back the $$ from the vendor also, hence the paper trail required as well. Just my RM0.02..I don't work for Groupon...:D

Cheers :)

Top Bottom