Group Buy: Baofeng UV-3R+ and UV-5RA Plus Walkie-Talkie

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
thanx bro wingzee....

by da way can I make the payment now as Im not gonna be around soon...
and its very limited time for me to use the internet...

If Yes please PM me ur account no ya.. thanx in advance...

Last update for today:

ScreenShot2012-11-27at105942PM.png

I think importation of walkie talkie needs Approved Permit issued by Malaysian Communications & Multimedia Comnission.

Herbert;787018 said:
I think importation of walkie talkie needs Approved Permit issued by Malaysian Communications & Multimedia Comnission.

Think individual unit is fine but if more units might kena. Anyway, let this be a test batch. Hope all goes well though.

@bmw7833:

The same delay happened to my Mac when it was ordered from online Apple store.

Guys, the latest update doesn't sound good. Should be expecting a call from DHL tomorrow. Anyone with contacts in Customs should negotiation didn't work out?

ScreenShot2012-11-28at111400PM.png

No further updates for the day as DHL keep transferring me from one person to another without offering any solution to my problems. Will call up DHL again tomorrow and head straight to Subang airport to sort out with the DHL/Kastams if required.

Per my conversations with various personnels from SIRIM and Kastams Putrajaya, basically any import of telecommunications devices requires the import license (from SIRIM, the same as AP for mobile phones) and accredation by SKMM after testing, regardless of whether is it under personal or commercial usage.

And for one to quality for the application of import license cum permit from SIRIM, one must be a registered company and total units ordered must be more than 30 units, under a single invoice (hence will not work for my case since total units for this first shipment is only 10). Was told that for 30 units, sum payable to SIRIM is approx. RM2800, which comes close to RM93 per unit. Overlooked this earlier as assumed minimal units shouldn't brought Kastams attention to the shipment.

To those who ordered and paid under batch #1, please bear with me and allow me some time to sort this out. Am trying my best to look for any alternatives to get our 10 units out ASAP, hopefully by tomorrow.

bro wingzee ...best bet is let those DHL fellows to deal with the customs etc etc ..it would be easier as they know the right way to clear this items off ..

If going through SIRIM ..they are gonna suck you dry before giving you the approval etc etc as they would require a couple of units for their testings, lab test, field test blah blah ...

once you obtain this, then it's time for you to face the customs and yet got to pay the tax duties

nonetheless wishing you good luck on these and hope you'll find the loop hole around ...try to start with DHL ..

I agree with bro iceman ... let the DHL boys deal with custom usually 50% of the required tax.

@ ICEMAN 68, @B33m3r:

Thanks for the suggestion guys. Got a contact of an insider who is willing to kaotim everything for us but gotta pay some commission. He will check the status first thing tomorrow for me.

wingzee;787384 said:
@ ICEMAN 68, @B33m3r:

Thanks for the suggestion guys. Got a contact of an insider who is willing to kaotim everything for us but gotta pay some commission. He will check the status first thing tomorrow for me.

Oh great..

U manage to get hold of him?

nitedevil;787385 said:
Oh great..

U manage to get hold of him?

Yeap. Just spoken to him over the phone moments ago. If this batch goes well, gonna let him handle the rest of the batches as well (According to him as long as shipment is via Fedex for next batches, he can handle). But gotta revise pricing slightly since commission payable have to be factored in.

Have seek Yazmeen's assistance on this shipment as the the the earlier insider only deals with Fedex package specifically at KLIA. Worst case, shall return batch #1 to supplier and request him to reship via Fedex this time around, together with second batch. Shall update later tonight.

Issue is not about Customs stopping for taxes/duties but more on import license is required to bring all sorts of telecomunications equipments into Malaysia.

Latest update:

After all the time and efforts to settle with Customs ain't bringing any results, have since contacted supplier to recall the shipment and reship again via Fedex this time around which my contact in Customs is able to assist. Hopefully batch #1 can be distributed before the Raub drive.

For those who requires a unit before the Raub drive, please contact bro Wuk51. He has ready stock local sets of UV-5R (older model) with a reasonable price.

Please inform me if you would like to drop out of the current group buy.

Top Bottom