Greetings from a Lurker...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Raja_Mongkut

Club Guest
Greetings to all BMWC members!It may be appalling to some why someone who registered almost 5 years ago only chose until now to post, you might say i was waiting for the opportune moment to present itself.Some forumers might recognise me by the pseudonym I also carry in Nismoclub and the MyMazdaClub, that's coz I owned couple o' Nissans and currently a Mazda.My automotive ownership in a nutshell:Nissan Sunny B11 2001 - 2009(Turbocharged & Kitted)Nissan AD Resort Y10 2009-2011(Kitted)Mazda 6 GG 2010 - Current(Stock)As you can see, as time aged, the racer boy in me followed suit, trading a pocket rocket for a practical runabout; and eventually settling for a comfortable, hassle-free drive.Oh enough with the formalities, I'm probably boring you guys to death with words so I'll just cut to the chase:I like classic beemers, always had a soft spot for E34's and below: The E30 in particular. That's why i'm here, to leech, learn and lap up everything there is to know about this German engineering masterpiece.

welcome.. plenty of E30's in the market for you to embark on a project.

Welcome bro....and have fun on your coming adventure!

Good luck in your hunt for UDM....Owning it surely is a priceless experience..welcome bro

Thanks all for the warm reception!

I currently have me sights on a pristine E28. Initially i steered away from that direction coz E28 parts were getting scarce and all. But it kinda dawned upon me that E30 parts aren't that easy to come by neither, i may be wrong.

But i'm digging the more aggressive shark nose design of the E28 compared to the more streamlined E30. Decisions, decisions, just worried the E28 won't cut it as a daily banger.

Welcome to the forum.. funny that u mentioned the aggressive shark nose design of E28.. which is also prominent on the E21 that started production in 1975.. same year as JAWS was terrorizing in the cinemas.. coincidence..? :hmmmm:

_M_;763042 said:
Welcome to the forum.. funny that u mentioned the aggressive shark nose design of E28.. which is also prominent on the E21 that started production in 1975.. same year as JAWS was terrorizing in the cinemas.. coincidence..? :hmmmm:

Haha thanks M! That's a great lil piece o' info there!

Anyway, some updates on my search for the classic bimmer. Been searching high and low for a E28 fitting my miserly price bracket, travelling to Kajang, Klang and even Seremban! Found a pristine one, but was snapped up by some other lucky bugger coz i didn't offer a price first. Test drove a RM2,500 one worthy of the junkers and barely escaped with my life. Even got a workout helping an American expat push and jump start his deflated ride that had sat idle for 18 months, only to find out later that the car wasn't street legal due to a engine transplant sans endorsement.

Was literally about to give up until i was browsing the net this morning and stumbled upon an ad for a pristine looking '84 320i E30 going for a pretty decent price. Called up the owner, he was pretty enthusiastic about his ride and all, so i thought why not let's give it a shot.

Upon viewing, the car literally sold itself, rusty front passenger floorpan that had been addressed by cutting out and rewelding a piece of metal in its place. defo not Play House Garage quality, but at least something.

What doesn't work:
1. Rear Driver Side Power Window
2. Rear Passenger Side Central Locking Module

Paid a downpayment, and fingers crossed she'll be in my arms by monday. Still need to get the inspection and ownership transfer done. Which will be attended to on Wednesday, which is still a holiday for me, yippee!

My wishlist:
1. CD Player with RCA Outs, USB and AUX-in
2. Black doorcards to match the seats
3. New BMW front and rear emblems
4. Some kinda alarm with autolock function
5. Rear Disc Brakes
6. Bavaria Logo on back
7. Ducktail spoiler

Will prolly be starting a build thread eventually to keep track of my progress. I'm pretty handy with tools so most of the stuff i can do will be DIY-ed. If anyone can help with parts, that'll be greatly appreciated!

Congrats and good luck bro on your project :top: ..look fwd to track your progress.. hav lots pictures ya :4:

Top Bottom