goshh!!!overheating alarm came up

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

choq

Official Member
Need help from sifuMy E90 325 '96 engine overheating alarms came up this eve:68:!!it was amber overheating warning, closely followed by red overheating alarm. I quickly stopped the engine, lucky it was a few yard from my house:stoned:.,. Upon checking under bonnet, observed small amount of coolant had vented thru the reservoir cap. Top up the reservoir with water and will let the car on standstill for to nite.:hmmmm2:any one of the members experianced the problem before? issit the t-stat or water pump or both?thought of if everything fine tomorrow, will drive to the mechanic for inspection.:call2:choq:sleep:ps : DY - thanks!

A few forummers kena electric water pump failure already which leads to such symptoms. Usually around 60-80k kms. Whats your mileage btw?

bro choq, like i have mentioned to you earlier, there is this possibility of electric water pump failure. Try gicing stephen a call to check it out. Good luck!

Bro E46F

mileage is about 96K km...will tow the ride tomorrow for further check up. will up date once the diagnose done.

Bro DY

Called freddie (ya rite...very helpful:shakehands:) , he suggested to check on 3 items:
1. Tstat
2. Water pump
3. radiator blockage.

thanks

choq:rolleyes:

Bros,

I realized that our UDM doesn't have a temperature meter on the meter cluster like all other Jap make vehicle. How do we check the engine temperature? Do we wait until the overheating sign pop out? It will be quite dangerous not realizing the engine temperature is at peak.

Diagnosed done, confirmed water pump is the culprit.Suggested to replace the thermostat too by the mechanic, Parts ordered from stuttgart and BA. (thanks DY).

Hopefully the ride will be ready by Thurs.

choq

choq;521239 said:
Diagnosed done, confirmed water pump is the culprit.Suggested to replace the thermostat too by the mechanic, Parts ordered from stuttgart and BA. (thanks DY).

Hopefully the ride will be ready by Thurs.

choq

Hi, would appreciate if you could mention the total cost of the repairs.. I need to standby oso. Mine is a 325 year 2005... Need to anticipate..

badrul880;521347 said:
Hi, would appreciate if you could mention the total cost of the repairs.. I need to standby oso. Mine is a 325 year 2005... Need to anticipate..

brop badrul880,

parts cost

water pump = RM 1700
Tstat = RM 222.00

not sure about the labour cost yet...wud appreciate if any member who has replaced the parts to share :top:.

choq

choq;521453 said:
brop badrul880,

parts cost

water pump = RM 1700
Tstat = RM 222.00

not sure about the labour cost yet...wud appreciate if any member who has replaced the parts to share :top:.

choq

Wow.. thats the most expensive water pump I have stumbled across. Compared to my E32 and E34 its only RM175.. :afraid:

Thanks Choq...

Hi guys,

Thanks for sharing the info.

Anyway i just had the same problem yesterday,so i popped the hood,the coolant reservoir was wet and the fan was running in high speed then afer few second it stopped.

This morning just send to the mechanic for inspection,they suspect was the electric water pump that cause the problem?

i'm wondering is this the same problem that we had after driving it for 3 years?mine only clock around 50k?:motz:anyway will share with you guys after they quote me the price?

cheers

Top Bottom