Goodyear Revspec RS-02 and ACS Type-4 Replicas

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

gier

Club Guest
Just to share with the club members.I was, until about 2pm today, using Eagle F1 GS-D3 tomyam edition on my Hamann PG2 replica, 225/45/17. It's done 40k klicks and was due for a replacement. So I went to Jln. Kapar, Klang. Was thinking of getting another set of GS-D3s (tomyam).Anyhow, this shop I went to recommended the Revspec RS-02 (veli good, saya manyak respect itu revspec). Never heard of it before and have no idea what it's like. However, it's only RM 350.00 a corner.The shop owner gave me a reprint of Australia Wheels magazine 2005 tyre test where Revspec was the overall winner, beating the T1-R and S-03. So, I take lah (along with AC Type-4 replicas -- *sigh* I do this all the bladi time, hope the missus don't realise).First impression is: it's not bad. I haven't thrashed it yet and it's not even scrubbed in but I think it's a good choice. Have to give it a good workout before I can derive an opinion as to whether it's better than the GS-D3.Here's the funny thing, googling for the Revspec only produces pages from Australia, Japan and Taiwan and no where else. The Aussies seem to like it and it's done well on the tests. The Australian Goodyear site puts it on top of the GS-D3, see here:http://www.goodyear.com.au/car-tyre-guide.htmYet, it's cheaper than the GS-D3 (the shop quoted RM 430.00 for those). And it's made in Japan. Further, the dude says that he doesn't know if he'll be able to get any more of these next time.I am bemused. :rolleyes:Btw, the AC Type-4 Racing Replicas are RM 1550.00 a set. Good price or not? Not that it matters, really. Bought it already.

bro, what model is your car? did you see any rims for e30? your rims wicked lah bro.

My car's an e36 328. Tak tau pulak kalau ada e30 rims or not at the place. And to be honest, I wouldn't recognise them if there were, either. Belum berguru on the e30s yet. I'll ask the dude at the shop when I pop round there again (and I will pop round there again, oh yes).

Hey Gier brO!

Hmmm this is interesting. Somehow the tyre reviews always give you a surprise. Cheaper but better! Im using the F1s too, so i wonder. But, the treads design on the F1 is hot hot hot, and thats important too. hah!

Anyway bro, was wondering, i assume you didnt upgrade to 18s looking at the tyre prices. So, the RM 1550 was for 17s ? Did you have a look at how much the AC4s are for 18s ?

Thanks for any reply.

jOn

GreenGhost said:
Hey Gier brO!

Hmmm this is interesting. Somehow the tyre reviews always give you a surprise. Cheaper but better! Im using the F1s too, so i wonder. But, the treads design on the F1 is hot hot hot, and thats important too. hah!
To be honest, I was thinking of the tread pattern too. I agree, the F1s are just way cool. But I figured I'll just try this one first and then if I don't like it, revert back to the F1s on the next change. And dude, I have no regrets so far. These tyres are really good.

Anyway bro, was wondering, i assume you didnt upgrade to 18s looking at the tyre prices. So, the RM 1550 was for 17s ? Did you have a look at how much the AC4s are for 18s ?
Yep. Stayed on 17s -- I didn't want the extra expense for 18" rubber. I'm reasonably happy on the 17" though I'm slowly racuning myself for 18"s next time round.

The 18"s at the shop are around 1800 to 2200. The Type 4 Racing Reps like mine is 1800 I think.

Oh quick reply!

Thanks Gier. Good luck on the 18s. But, since you are racun-ing yourself slowly. I suggest you up the racun and skip 18s altogether to the 19s in one shot. Otherwise once u get to 18s, u keep wondering bout 19s.

Hahahahah.... have fun man....

19s on an E36? 18s itself would be putting excessive stress on the wheel bearings and bushes.
Unless the car is meant to show and not for daily use especially on our "world class" road, I mean world class hole-y roads...

btw, please stick to the topic on RevSpec...

40,000kms on your Eagle F1s...Damn...did you run it till the steel belt? joking...
My rear 245s only lasted 12,000...but it was German or Japan made, cant remember. Good tyres.

okow said:
40,000kms on your Eagle F1s...Damn...did you run it till the steel belt? joking...
My rear 245s only lasted 12,000...but it was German or Japan made, cant remember. Good tyres.

Okay, I may have exaggerated it, it's more like 36k or so. I didn't run it to slicks but it was getting there, for sure, especially the rears. This is because apart from a few hard cornering activities (and those were very few), I drive like a fairy ... :D

And balancing, alignment and rotation every 10ks.

Top Bottom