gonna replace my radiator

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

tomspc

Club Guest
hi my radiator slight leak from the plastic siding , and reading thru the forums on overheat problemthink better change the radiatordon wanna have to overhaul engine later - he hefound price of new radiator from stuttgart - pj is $500auto bavaria quoted $620 for behr one.i take the $500 one - u guys think ok kerand have checked with mechanic - quoted $90 for labour.hope he know how to handle the job - dun wan any screw upelse my ride habis any comments from u guys - very welcomescared of doing anything to my ride - its my life oh , cannot live without ithe he he how u all think - is the price ok or xpensiveand any recommendation where to go - really wan to get a mechanic who have done this beforenot some try and see type

funny thing,
i see water drip out from radiator
few hours later i check the expansion bottle
level is correct at kalt --
weird
should be less wat
Who knows the answer ya?

when the radiotor get cold, air might suck back into the systerm, instead water from expansion bottle. Thus, the water level is correct.

Remember to check for air bubble.
Cheers

hi bros,
finally i had it done.
At Stuttgart -- duh , cos its near my work place
damage $8++

yyyyyyy.
suppose to be $590 wor
$500 for radiator
$90 service

i left the car there
30 min - they call me and said need to change few other things - sakit sakit my heart
went there - showd me a broken thermostat housing , i drive there was ok wor
said got hairline crack ---- how leh , wat to do , have i been had - this is something
all car owners dont like , send to do one thing - somethings else have to change.

after the job done - i go to see my car ,,,, undecided yet
thing is fixed lor
but my covers etc - screw loose , threads worn , expansion bottle also look like not mounted properly --- i post pic next day , u see for urself lah

i dont comment now -- see how things goes for i month , keep my fingers crossed
the part said to have 1 month warranty , somehow they dont wan to write this down
on service sheet - only after i reminded many times then write it down.

so now i have a used e36 radiator for sale - some slight leak from the plastic side - should be repairable - who wan pls pm me

Top Bottom