Getting new R1200RT

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

velocity

Club Guest
Bros. Im getting the bike soon. but only know how to drive car only. any1 can suggest big bike driving school around KL or PJ. thanks

Bro if this is first time riding big bike why dont you start with the smaller version. Going straight to so big cc is very dangerous.

Good choice bro. Skip the small cc engines. They are for mat rempits. Don' t waste your money. Consider also K1200S.

Velocity, there are some safety riding courses around but they are mostly organised by bike clubs rather than commercial businesses.

From what you have written, you want to learn how to ride? ...or how to survive?

Let me know if you need assistance.

Bro,can u ride a bike in the first place.
have u ridden a big bike before and if yes,wat type.
if u have been riding bikes in the past,even a small one,i guess the balancing wont be a big issue.inface the bigger bikes are easier to balance as compared to the small ones.
take it slow and learn how to handle the bike well.dont speed unneccesarily.only try it on a straight road and empty road.
rt is a gud bike i guess,f only tried it twice but i prefer my gs still.

velocity;370962 said:
Bros. Im getting the bike soon. but only know how to drive car only. any1 can suggest big bike driving school around KL or PJ. thanks

I'm a biker..but not on any Bimmer bikes yet..just a humble 2006 750 Japs sportbike...started motobiking since 15 years ago...and superbike in 5 years back...:rolleyes:

My suggestion is...please make familiar with this 2 wheeler on small bike first. Garaged your new RT for 1 or 2 months. Make comfortable and grow up your confident level with this "wall-free" transportation first. Try to mix around on open road with other bigger transport. Superbiking is not as simple as A,B,C...confident and 100% concentration were highly required.

Welcome to the bikes world! :top:

funfer_fahrer;370993 said:
Good choice bro. Skip the small cc engines. They are for mat rempits. Don' t waste your money.

I have lost few friend who took this path. It not about mat rempit it is about learning. Just like human i am sure god can make us straight adult but it is all about learning. Same thing with air craft too.

hjbakhil;371175 said:
I'm a biker..but not on any Bimmer bikes yet..just a humble 2006 750 Japs sportbike...started motobiking since 15 years ago...and superbike in 5 years back...:rolleyes:

My suggestion is...please make familiar with this 2 wheeler on small bike first. Garaged your new RT for 1 or 2 months. Make comfortable and grow up your confident level with this "wall-free" transportation first. Try to mix around on open road with other bigger transport. Superbiking is not as simple as A,B,C...confident and 100% concentration were highly required.

Well said this is what i mean.

redbaron;370963 said:
Bro if this is first time riding big bike why dont you start with the smaller version. Going straight to so big cc is very dangerous.

i have ride small bike before. motor kapcai and scooters.

okow;371045 said:
Velocity, there are some safety riding courses around but they are mostly organised by bike clubs rather than commercial businesses.

From what you have written, you want to learn how to ride? ...or how to survive?

Let me know if you need assistance.

Im looking for good driving class for big bikes. Im not sure how to play with the hand clutch. similar with manual car but very different. and yeah. I have ride a small bike before. Thanks bro.

redbaron;371378 said:
funfer_fahrer;370993 said:
Good choice bro. Skip the small cc engines. They are for mat rempits. Don' t waste your money.

I have lost few friend who took this path. It not about mat rempit it is about learning. Just like human i am sure god can make us straight adult but it is all about learning. Same thing with air craft too.

Thanks bro for your concern. yeah Im new into this and taking this with "safety first" attitude. Thats why i opted for a good driving class first before i ride the monster.

mac75my;371058 said:
Bro,can u ride a bike in the first place.
have u ridden a big bike before and if yes,wat type.
if u have been riding bikes in the past,even a small one,i guess the balancing wont be a big issue.inface the bigger bikes are easier to balance as compared to the small ones.
take it slow and learn how to handle the bike well.dont speed unneccesarily.only try it on a straight road and empty road.
rt is a gud bike i guess,f only tried it twice but i prefer my gs still.

Thanks Bro. This is my very first bike and I think pretty match with my E92. hehehe Same color some more. The GS is for hardcore bro

hjbakhil;371175 said:

Thanks Bro. Thanks for the advice.

velocity;371421 said:
Thanks Bro. This is my very first bike and I think pretty match with my E92. hehehe Same color some more. The GS is for hardcore bro

"Long Way Down" or "Long Way Round"? Jedi master's choice. He he..

bmw-f-800-gs-yellow-right.jpg

Bro velocity, if you want to have a bike that you can ride everyday for your haircut , grocery runs and meetings this is the one for you - the F800GS. It's lighter, easier to park and more manouverable. Very pleasant to ride.

The R1200RT and the K1200S are also good. Imagine, doing 0-100 in 2.8 seconds in the K1200S. The best part is that, although it is a huge bike once on the move you don't feel the bike is huge. You also know for sure, it you accidentally "tekan" you can be rest assured that you can stop in time. It is quite safe to ride fast despite its intimidating nature. With the Japanese bike, I don't think so. That's the beauty of BMW bikes. They are masters of bikes first before they master the car. Please don't think that I don't feel concern for you. By going straight to this path, I believe it is going to make you a safer rider. Your learning curve is going to be steeper and you tend to respect the limitation of your bike and also yourself. Just my 2 cents.

Velocity, sounds like you havent been on a bike for quite a while. If you have, clutch play would be second nature. What you need to learn is 'defensive riding'....to stay alive. Let me know when you get your mean machine and when you are free...I'll then check my sked and if all falls in place, I might just give you a few pointers on staying upright. Remember, the bigger machine you are on, the harder you fall.....and its not all about your right hand twisting the trottle to max, almost anyone can do can ride in a straight line at breakneck speeds...reaching close to 300kph...the adrenelin and G-forces will get you addicted...just remember, at the end of any straight, there'll be a bend waiting for you...there will also be trees, armco's, drains, cars, trucks, damp leaves, plastic bags, shadowed roads, pot holes hidden by puddles, unexpected U-turns from other road users etc...you'll have to be very very alert and anticipate what others might do.
Always leave at least a finger or 2 on your front brake lever as most bikes brakes are ratio-ed at 80% effectiveness in the front and only 20% at the rear....at speeds capable of the R1200 you dont even want to loose a mili second of breaking ...

Bro , congrats on your purchase ... my first ever bikes were R1100RT n R1100RS ... one for touring and one for town use . Before that I was just like u ..on borrowed ones lagi tu and havent ridden for a long time before I bought 'em ..and I bought 'em just because they were beemers and also ,didnt have any1 to ask for advice .. those days no internet like nowadays maaaa...so ,I actually LEARNT to ride on 'em... so , don't worry ..just take it slow . Also , they were the easiest to maintain ..No hassle.. Very good for be beginners who know nuts about bikes ..Just fill up fuel n GO .. ..Build your confidence SLOWLY . Build your skills SLOWLY as well . Don't go racing away .. There's no hurry .. And dont let anyone hurry u for whatsoever reasons.. Good choice of bike . Just dont go to heavy traffic places while u build up your skills .. BMW bikes are the safest bikes to be on .. coz it's not just about going fast on the straight or corners , stopping safely is very important too .. I ve been in situations where I m grateful that I was on a BMW several times.. the brakes are just wonderfully phenomenal .. I know if I were on a japs , I wud ve been a gonner for sure .. In short , YES I would recommend a BMW bike as a 1st bike where safety is concerned .. I did and it was just fine .. take your own sweet time .. After that I added a Yamaha R1 to my stable .. n let me tell u this .. I wouldnt recommend it to any1 as a first bike for safety concerns ..It is possible but I wudnt recommend it when skills are just nominal.. Japs are BEST for tracks and not for road , where safety is concerned , unless U r a very skilled rider .. but the riding experience cant beat the overall satisfaction of a beemer .. Now I have a R1200RT and a K1200S .. lovely bikes ... 2 different type of rides but equally satisfying in its own respects .. once you've ridden a beemer ,u wudnt want anything else but.... gimme a yell if u wanna go riding anytime as I ride quite a lot whenever I can .. I m just addicted ..I live around Subang.. my fellow bikers are more cocern about safety when riding in groups and there a few etiquettes you should follow to be safe to yourself and others .. DO NOT race on public roads .. DO it on tracks .. this 13 and 14 DEC , there'll be a track day at sepang .. RM100 per bike .. just try it out there in safety ..I 'll be there just to have some unadulterated FUN :) build up your confidence in corners there .. learn about COUNTER STEERING and practise it there .. I m sure u wud be familiar , just like riding any 2 wheelers .. to go left ,turn right and vice versa .. it is very crucial to be safe in corners when your lean just aint enuf and also very very useful in obstacle avoidance .. Racing lines are also equally as important , to know where u end up AFTER the turn :) Everyone counter steers whether they realise it or not .. but when u do it conciously , you can feel the enjoyment and satisfaction .. I took my K1200S past 280 kmh for the 1st time yesterday and it was just pure adrenaline pumping FUN .. I m still running in my RT .. to run in the bike , ride it like u just stole it to seat the piston rings properly which is very important for your engine's well being .. but dont la redline it keep it below 7000 rpm .. go to this fabulous website and you can learn a few pointers there .. www.bmwk1200s.com .. PM me your email and I ll send you a very good pdf book about riding techniques... cheers .. have fun and ride SAFE .. Again , kudos on your purchase..what colour aaaa .. my next one will be the S1000RR .. hmmm cant wait ... tp lambat lagi laaaa ..only in 2010.. cheeriosssss...

one more thing .. whether it is big bike , small bike .. when it's moving, it doesnt really matter , u wont feel the weight .. and the new generation of BMW bikes have lower center of gravity .. they are even easier to push / handle than my previous beemers .. 2 bikes with the same exact weight but the 1 which has a lower center of gravity will FEEL lighter .. it's just science/physics in action .. and SAFETY WISE>>>BIG bikes get a LOT more attention .. more visible .. bigger headlights (for safety-the objective is to SEE & BE SEEN ) .. cars will actually slow down to see what bike it is .. hence , muchos safer... not to mention the girls in the car also lah :D keep your eyes on the road haaaa... aha .. my fren wants to sell his BMW system 5 helmet .. never been worn .. brand new .. size 60/61 colour sand beige ..PM me if u want .. there's also another 1 ..2nd hand lah only used 3 times .. still looks new as well .. silver .. size 58/59 .. so at traffic lights , u can flip it up and chat with the girls in the car beside u ... heheheh .. some will say "waaaaaa.. BMW pun ada motosikal ?...fuyoooo"

Top Bottom