gear not engaged to final pls help

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

m.azharm5

Club Guest
hi bros..mine was acting weirdly today gear seems to be automatically behave like sport mode & there is no cruising @ 4th gear anymore...even after slow down , stop the ignition & restart back, the gear behave the same then the gear shift normally 1/2/3&R but not in final gear. 4HP22really need opinion from u guyz.....do u think that this is a solely gearbox problem or anything to do with the electronics?...thanks....

Just check the diagnostics 1st..may give you a fault..mine had a "Kickdown switch" fault but could only change gear in Manual mode..Auto gearbox stuck in 1st only..

The other is to check the S/E/M selector switch..

ATF all ok?

Cheers :)

gregcwho;619894 said:
Just check the diagnostics 1st..may give you a fault..mine had a "Kickdown switch" fault but could only change gear in Manual mode..Auto gearbox stuck in 1st only..

The other is to check the S/E/M selector switch..

ATF all ok?

Thanks Sir ,
How to check the diagnostics 1st any recomended workshop...

I'm in Subang so my mech at USJ4 Shell had a diagnostic machine..otherwise I think any mech claiming to be well versed in BMW should have a diagnostic machine...

Where are you located?

Err. Just curious, what do you mean by not engaging to final [4th gear]? Just stuck in 3rd?

Anyways, I might be facing a similar problem lately. Was driving back from Kota Kemuning along Kesas last Saturday noon, was driving sedately [less than 110] along the middle lane, when I suddenly felt my car was 'gear-hunting', as in almost shuddering and could hear gearbox hunting for gears.

Immediately stopped at the Petronas and turned off ignition. Then restarted car, then everything seemed fine again.

Until last night when I was driving home, felt the same about to happen, i.e: gear going to hunt again, and seemed to stay in Sport mode, as in the gear shifts are held even longer in third... And all this while, I was using the normal 'E' mode...

I had a similar issue before. But mine, the Transmission checklight was on, and the car was really underpowered and wouldn't change gears. Safe mode from what I was told. I sent my car to Power Booster in Jln Kuchai. They did a diagnostic and found some switch problem at the gearbox. Replaced it for around RM200 plus. All fine now.

my gear engaged 2 & 3 @(D) gear onlY fell very heavy . just go to optimum workshop for diagnostics and reset but
same problem . tomorrow morning send back to optimum for trouble shoot .
dear,greg my house at puncak alam off subang airport .
Thanks All.

Eggie86;619987 said:
Err. Just curious, what do you mean by not engaging to final [4th gear]? Just stuck in 3rd?

Anyways, I might be facing a similar problem lately. Was driving back from Kota Kemuning along Kesas last Saturday noon, was driving sedately [less than 110] along the middle lane, when I suddenly felt my car was 'gear-hunting', as in almost shuddering and could hear gearbox hunting for gears.

Immediately stopped at the Petronas and turned off ignition. Then restarted car, then everything seemed fine again.

Until last night when I was driving home, felt the same about to happen, i.e: gear going to hunt again, and seemed to stay in Sport mode, as in the gear shifts are held even longer in third... And all this while, I was using the normal 'E' mode...
I think we have same problem stuck at 3rd gear .

Looks like you are having issues with your gearbox. I think it's on "LIMP MODE" I would suggest you to give a call to our resident gearbox expert Uncle Herbert 012-2099615

Vincent Hor;620798 said:
Looks like you are having issues with your gearbox. I think it's on "LIMP MODE" I would suggest you to give a call to our resident gearbox expert Uncle Herbert 012-2099615

Thanks Sir . After check at Optimum Workshop their clean the valve body change one solenoid and wire harness also gearbox oil,gasket,filter. Now all smooth change gear and more top speed heehehhehe...
Eggie86 saw your car at optimum today around 1215 where r u .

m.azharm5;620865 said:
Thanks Sir . After check at Optimum Workshop their clean the valve body change one solenoid and wire harness also gearbox oil,gasket,filter. Now all smooth change gear and more top speed heehehhehe...
Eggie86 saw your car at optimum today around 1215 where r u .

Hahaha. You were at Optimum ah bro? I left my car there for Jason to work on it. First time visit there, thanks to Mizhan and Greg for the recommendation.

Kekeke, more top speed? I think more responsive accelerator pedal now bro.

Like that also boleh cam saya punya kete... :p

Top Bottom