Fuhrer's back

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Fuhrer

Club Guest
Sorry for the long absence guys..a lot has happen.I've moved countries - for work.Currently in New Zealand now.Still got my e30 318iS in Oz but its on the market now.i wanted to bring it over, but i won't be able to register it until it turns 20 yrs old! Screwed up laws!For those that know Auckland, the traffic and drivers here are as crazy if not worse than KL...all thanks to the drivers brought in from Asia that has changed the driving attitudes of the locals here.I've decided to go for something a little newer and without a clutch. I'm stuck in traffic gng and comming back from work. 3 monhts in a manual car wasn't very fun.So i've picked up a 1996 323i Coupe in black. i was tossing between this or a Subaru Legacy B4. Nice car!! But i couldn't swallow the insurance premiums on it due to the fact that its Turbo and also being on the 'hot' list.So might see me more around since things are almost settle over here.. :D

You lucky fella. Nice ride. bet you're picking up some sheeps on the way to work. Hahahaha.....

Nice ride. How much did you get it for? Is the roadtax the same as Aust? Same rate for whatever cars?

lets just say its too cheap to mention it here..after all will nagis.
rego is 240 a year dude!! in oz i was paying 700+
the only catch is u have to get your roadworthy certificate every 6 monhts i think. cost 30 bucks..

yeah me too love the rims..it had some nasty E46 M3 style rims with black painted spokes..yikes! traded that in!!

Wow, it looks very nice in black. BMW should make you their worldwide ambassador since you've owned BMWs in how many countries dy?

wah very nice that sterring i saw it before in auto technica very expensive .

yap ...,you are one lucky man.
best wishes...........
do you mind sponsor a TT(do u have it there?) session for any members visiting you while in NZ?

Hai fuhrer,
which part of auckland do u stay? i stayed there b4 fr few years, at Liverpool St...intersection Karangahape rd and upper queen st..
so hows auckland now?

Nice car, nice country! Didn't know Auckland had that bad a traffic jam, looked peaceful to me when I was there. The roads in the country are nice : Auckland - Rotorua - Taupo - Wellington with many changes in landscape. I remember there is hardly any traffic from Taupo to Wellington, since most of the traffic will be from Hamilton to Wellington. Can take your new ride for "testing" there ;)

thanks for all the well wishes guys..
yes its the 170bhp version. was told that i could obtain the same amount as a 325i with using the M50 intake manifold from the earlier e36's or e34's. will do more research on it.
the sound on this car doesn't have that rumble/bassy-ness that i had with my old 325i..i've noticed that this one only has a single tail-pipe. was wondering if i could maybe get the whole system off an early 325i/328i and get the same note? after all its the same engine. ideas?
erz,
i dont live in the city dude. i wish i did! i'm at howick..east auckland. i work at newmarket.
OS,
sure no problem when u're in town..kena speeding ticket..its your pasal! haha..:)
trafffic is bad in the city areas. not so bad in the 'rural' areas.. try living in the north shore and going home during peak traffic..insane!!
it is a gorgeous country with superb green views..unlike oz..brown! lol!

Top Bottom