Front Brake Discs

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

wan520i

Club Guest
My car got crazy vibrates when depress brake pedal slightly, and has no vibrates when depress the brake pedal harder..So tested it on highway recently, i discover burnt mark (brown color marking on center, refer picture). It vibrates at speed between 100 - 80 km/h.Anybody experience this before? Is it because of warp disc? If I skim the disc, can I use back the old brake pad?If I have to use new pad, what brand is the best? Thanks for your inputs..

brudder....here's my experience.....

the vented brakes i got from you still in good shape..... :D

here

Hi moots, Thanks for your reply.. :)

Do you know if I skimmed my brake discs, must I change the brake pads to go with the newly skimmed discs? :dunno: :dunno:

Do you know what brand to go for BEST OEM brake pads? Jurid, Textar? Pagid? Mintex? :dunno: :dunno:

Best means good performance and prices... :D

THANKS !!!!!!!!

You should be able to re use your current pads if they still have sufficient life in them.

Originally posted by wan520i@Feb 15 2006, 09:57 AM
Hi moots, Thanks for your reply.. :)

Do you know if I skimmed my brake discs, must I change the brake pads to go with the newly skimmed discs? :dunno: :dunno:

Do you know what brand to go for BEST OEM brake pads? Jurid, Textar? Pagid? Mintex? :dunno: :dunno:

Best means good performance and prices... :D

THANKS !!!!!!!!
have a look at your pads.if the wear is even and smooth,you can re-use them after skimming your discs.even if the pads are not smooth,you can make them smooth again by sanding them down.it beats buying a new set,though they are not too expensive.

i have only used jurid.they brake good.they are dusty.and they crack sometimes.mine is currently cracked but not too severly in the sense that they split into 2.i still have them fitted and they brake fine.this is the 2nd set that has cracked but worked fine in service. :D

Hey Wan520i !

When wanna go bentung and eat lah !~!?@?@?

in this situation, u will probably see the center of the brake pad are lesser due to the burning process..

You are recommended to use NEW BRAKE PAD.
if u use the old brake pad on the skimmed disc,

it will probably less brake respond & vibration stay there.

since brake disc & brake pad having un even wear (moreover the scorch mark on the center line)

if u sand down the brake pad it become thinner & can u sure that your brake pad flatness are 90 degree flat from the brake disc ? unless u send it machinary shop to shave it. worth it ???

if u use back the old brake pad, u will end up feel the vibration due to the uneven wear on the brake pad cause back to your newly skimmed brake disc.

in another words the brake disc will having the same mark as how uneven on your brake pas.

Just my 2cents..

Thank you kinaka..long time no see lar...miss you sometimes..hehe...

I will change the pads lah...check with AB segambut.., Jurid cost RM130.00. ori BMW cost RM350.00. But Jurid can cracked like moots expereince twice..and is still on his car.. :( :( :blink: :blink:

And now another question..do I really need to skim the disc? the disc looks ok to me..it has no wave pattern or longkang-longkang..furthermore the disc is quite thick & looks new.

Can bad brake pads cause vibration? anybody please... :huh:

ya sure... even if the brake pads surface is flat enough.

Example : a piece of brake pad.

if front side of the brake pad is thick & rear side of the same brake pad is thinner that will cause vibration too...

Top Bottom