Freelander 2.5 V6

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Mikeong

Club Guest
Well I'm curious cause a few of them I met says that its a great car in terms of handling, power and its economical.Some said its a X3 chassis.How far its true?

I've been in the car and was driven around the obstacle course at the Jalan Ampang branch. It was amazing and simply powerful. It could climb the hill in reverse gear! You should also consider the turbodiesel models.

was quite serious of getting the car few years back.

2.5 v6 2.5 M54 I6, the M54 have more grunt and torque at any time. the Freelander just feel dead. You floor it, it doesnt response much either.

the TDi version, is even worse. Honestly I think a Toyotal Hilux or Nissan Xtrail Diesel engine is far more quieter and cheaper than the Freelander TDi.

Originally posted by ace99@Jan 25 2006, 09:50 AM
was quite serious of getting the car few years back.

2.5 v6 2.5 M54 I6, the M54 have more grunt and torque at any time. the Freelander just feel dead. You floor it, it doesnt response much either.

the TDi version, is even worse. Honestly I think a Toyotal Hilux or Nissan Xtrail Diesel engine is far more quieter and cheaper than the Freelander TDi.
i think u test drove the older version.....TDi..

TD4 has much better grunt than V6..but of course V6 has better top speed....

Go for test drive the latest model....last week there was a used sale at Ampang....

Originally posted by nikazwaa@Jan 25 2006, 09:31 AM
I've been in the car and was driven around the obstacle course at the Jalan Ampang branch. It was amazing and simply powerful. It could climb the hill in reverse gear! You should also consider the turbodiesel models.
of corse lah it can climb the hill while reversing... for usual people that unusual, but for us 4wders that's standard. see reverse gear lower ratio than even the first gear. so on REALLY steep gradients, we would reverse as reverse gear can pull stronger than 1st gear

tapi orang LR pandai, nampak cam hebat jerrr boleh revese naik bukit..... :ph34r:

Pity about the resale value of Land Rovers in general. I hear maintenance is quite high too but what do i know. Im not an owner. Lets hear from those who really own one. Anyone? Halooo?

Originally posted by 3er@Jan 29 2006, 11:11 AM
Pity about the resale value of Land Rovers in general. I hear maintenance is quite high too but what do i know. Im not an owner. Lets hear from those who really own one. Anyone? Halooo?
my 2003 Td5 which is still under 3 years warranty has not encountered any major problem....but only paid once a few hundred for the 20k km service and Rm 900+ for the 50k km service n change.

1 good thing about LR is no repair policy (owner please correct me if im wrong)

They will replace the faulty part 1-to-1 swap with new part.....

Not many car manufacturer do this under warranty period....

I've driven my cousin's Discovery 2.5 TDI manual quite a few times... To me, its not nice to drive.. Big, heavy, slow, chunky.. But its quite a serious SUV compared to the harriers, CRVs etc.

His main complain is the mantenance of the car. Even a cracked windscreen, he had to wait for many weeks for the part to fly in. He recently bought a Hilux 2.5 commonrial diesel turbo, and much prefers it as its so much more comfortable and easier to drive (similar to car like feel). The Discovery is now in the hands of his workers who use it daily for work.

Originally posted by E46Fanatic@Feb 2 2006, 12:02 PM
I've driven my cousin's Discovery 2.5 TDI manual quite a few times... To me, its not nice to drive.. Big, heavy, slow, chunky.. But its quite a serious SUV compared to the harriers, CRVs etc.

His main complain is the mantenance of the car. Even a cracked windscreen, he had to wait for many weeks for the part to fly in. He recently bought a Hilux 2.5 commonrial diesel turbo, and much prefers it as its so much more comfortable and easier to drive (similar to car like feel). The Discovery is now in the hands of his workers who use it daily for work.
E46Fanatic

Disco comes with a lazy engine...:)

Not like TD4 on FL.

Some more TDi is older engine........TD5 on discovery II is much better.

Originally posted by azfaz@Jan 30 2006, 11:20 PM
1 good thing about LR is no repair policy (owner please correct me if im wrong)

They will replace the faulty part 1-to-1 swap with new part.....

Not many car manufacturer do this under warranty period....
....battery was replaced FOC when under warranty!
... broken side window was replaced within the same day...RM 109.

Hi Mike

U will get addicted with TD4... :)

Remember to ask for extended warranty and free service package too....just try ur luck lah....last time some Disco II got it...

Originally posted by azfaz@Feb 9 2006, 07:18 PM
Hi Mike

U will get addicted with TD4... :)

Remember to ask for extended warranty and free service package too....just try ur luck lah....last time some Disco II got it...
Yup :D they say the TD4 engine is from BMW.

Top Bottom