Free Play

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmchai

Club Guest
guys,just changed my control arm and the lower arm bush.went to do alignment too.....can feel there's more steering free play.....how to eliminate?TIA.________BUY E CIGARETTES

It should be tighter actually after changing to new bushes. Especially when its new. It shouldnt have free play. Better send it back to check.

Steering free play maybe caused by the your rack. Better to check that or the coupling. E46 not that sure tho but definately no free play.

Pssstttt..........Unless you always play for free ar? kekekeke

i was facing this problem last month.so i just change mine to a recon rack and used coupling, it cost me around 1300 including labour and steering fluid. now, no free play liao.yours one is E46, should be higher.... good luck

Originally posted by bmchai@Mar 14 2006, 06:29 PM
damn sian now coz steering too much free play....

driving the car no fun at all...
what is free play in steering, can explain pls?

Originally posted by Alvin@Mar 14 2006, 02:59 PM
It should be tighter actually after changing to new bushes. Especially when its new. It shouldnt have free play. Better send it back to check.

Steering free play maybe caused by the your rack. Better to check that or the coupling. E46 not that sure tho but definately no free play.

Pssstttt..........Unless you always play for free ar? kekekeke
alvin was damn right, at 1st, there's oil leakage in the rack, bought repair kits n a used rack housing. then done liao.. my coupling is good, so din change it.. a recond coupling shld be ard rm250.

my cost is stated here. http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/inde...c=51&st=435&hl= .. this is for e36, maybe e46 higher man. goodie luck..

yup paksu.. true true...

Top Bottom