Foggy turn signal!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ideoteque85

Club Guest
Hey guys,Can I have some good advise on this one. My turn signal. Water got into it and I dont know how. Everytime I wash the car or drive in the rain. The end result is this. Maybe I should try put some sealant or something. Any ideas? Thanks!
3558542707_c14981959b.jpg

honestly i have no idea where it originates. it could not be an expensive one because of its quality but it does the job. anyone experienced the same thing before?

OK, this wan is made in Taiwan.. In order to check for leak, do the following:-

1. remove the indicator from the headlamp.
2. Remove the light bulb.
3. Fill the indicator with water.
4. Check where the water is coming out from the casing.
5. if there is leak, seal the leak with sealant.

You now need to dry the casing after you drain the water in the sun for a day with the casing open to allow the water to evaporate thru the hole.

confirm this is eagleeye product from taiwan....it's either from the edge of the casing or it is from the bulb hole gasket....if the casing edge, you should put some silicon sealant but if it is from the bulb hole, you need to search for a new gasket or "O" ring.....previously mine was coming in from both area.....
pls follow Jarance steps to dismantle and check

Bro ideoteque85, after done the check up, you might use this silicon glue to seal it.
To open up the signal lamp, be extra careful, the inner clip might be broken. Don't
apply your energy too hard to push the signal lamp out of the slot. My right signal
lamp's clip was broken because i'm pushing it too hard... hehehe... Good luck, Bro.

silicon.jpg

wow i never thought of doing that. great idea jarance. i will definitely do those steps this weekend and see whats it like. owh from taiwan la tu. ok thanks for the silicon sealant recommendation. yahoo cant wait to perform an operation on the car

azam318;424289 said:
Bro ideoteque85, after done the check up, you might use this silicon glue to seal it.
To open up the signal lamp, be extra careful, the inner clip might be broken. Don't
apply your energy too hard to push the signal lamp out of the slot. My right signal
lamp's clip was broken because i'm pushing it too hard... hehehe... Good luck, Bro.

yeap ...been there , done it , broke it too ( a long placticky needle that goes into a slot ) ......he he he :stupid:

azam318;424289 said:

silicon.jpg

If you dont want to break the clip of the side indication, just remove the headlamp and the side indicator can be removed after the whole assembly is removed.

the clip(or plastic needle), if broken you could replace it with a self drill screw. this is what i've done to my taiwan signal casing.

megatniza;424557 said:
yeap ...been there , done it , broke it too ( a long placticky needle that goes into a slot ) ......he he he :stupid:

He he he... i'm not alone, same experience huh.. seem like not only me broke
the inner clip... kekekek :rolleyes:

haha i broke mine already but what the heck. it is still holding up just fine. what do you guys think about the standard yellow box turn signal? i saw on mudah selling for RM 60 per set.

ideoteque85;424872 said:
haha i broke mine already but what the heck. it is still holding up just fine. what do you guys think about the standard yellow box turn signal? i saw on mudah selling for RM 60 per set.

yellow so old fashion.. Get the crystal type. I got mine for RM120 per set. Look much nicer.

Another victim......looks like broken side lamp clips are very common. My mech settled it by tightening one of the screws on top of the head lamp (2 screws) to wedge the side lamp tightly into the socket. No more loose side lamps. For me, water got in through the bulb socket. Sealed it with aircond insulation seal. No prob so far.

RCBL;432570 said:
Another victim......looks like broken side lamp clips are very common. My mech settled it by tightening one of the screws on top of the head lamp (2 screws) to wedge the side lamp tightly into the socket. No more loose side lamps. For me, water got in through the bulb socket. Sealed it with aircond insulation seal. No prob so far.

you might getting into a problem when your turn signal light got "terbakar" and you want to change it, the aircond sealant is quite hard....u might damaged the casing itself bro....use silicon better and easier for you to maintain

jarance;424268 said:
OK, this wan is made in Taiwan.. In order to check for leak, do the following:-

1. remove the indicator from the headlamp.
2. Remove the light bulb.
3. Fill the indicator with water.
4. Check where the water is coming out from the casing.
5. if there is leak, seal the leak with sealant.

You now need to dry the casing after you drain the water in the sun for a day with the casing open to allow the water to evaporate thru the hole.
cat sokong :p

Top Bottom