Flood Coverage on Hold Due to Weather?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

SEN5241

Club Guest
Story goes like this. After many years of reading horror stories about floods and cars, and procrastinating, last year in November, I included flood coverage for my 1996 E34 when the insurance (comprehensive) was up for renewal. Did the renewal through the call centre (e****), and no problem, everything went smoothly. Yesterday when I called up again to renew the insurance (comprehensive) for my 1994 Wira, and tried to include flood coverage, the call centre person said that new requests for flood coverage were not being entertained due to the rainy weather. However, customers who already had existing flood coverage could renew their cover. So I ended up just renewing my Wira's insurance without the flood coverage.It seems strange that I could include flood coverage in November (typical rainy season/monsoon month) but not in January (typically a dryer month). Anyone else encounter this?

i also just reliaze from ur posting regarding the flood. My car that day spoil in the flood in Kajang area, need to repair all by myself..... I also wonder can i buy the flood insurance for my car also

All this while , i tot Force majeure is not covered by insurance, like pokok tumbang or banjir.. Does this really exist and up to what the insurance compnay compensate. I mean , if car tengelam in flood, do they consider to repair it or compensate % ?

Top Bottom