First E60 M5 Delivered in Malaysia

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

E46Fanatic

Club Guest
Got this in my inbox a few moments ago..----THE FIRST NEW M5 IN MALAYSIA Which car boasts the first ever V10 engine in a production sedan, 507bhp on tap, a top speed of 330km/h (electronically capped at 250 km/h) and goes from 0-100 km/h at 4.7 seconds?The awesome new BMW M5, of course! Auto Bavaria proudly delivered the first new M5 on Malaysian roads to a customer recently. The car, finished in gleaming Sapphire Black, was specially flown in from Frankfurt, meticulously prepared by a BMW expert aided by the technical team at the Glenmarie Service Centre and delivered to the happy customer the very next day. Congratulations, YAM Tengku Muhammad Fakhry Petra, for being the first owner of the latest BMW M5 in Malaysia!

yeah the mech working on it SMS me telling me he's working on the car.... that was about 2 weeks back....

Sounds really yummy. I would love to hear the scream of the V10 at 8k rpms flying by...

-------

From Autocar E60 M5 vs F430:

The BMW M5 and Ferrari F430 are the most exciting new performance cars of the moment. But the M5 has more power, twice as many seats and costs half as much. Does that make ittwice the achievement?

When the F430 reached its zenith, the M5 girpped harder, composed itself better, covered the ground faster.

No matter how hard I tried, how fast I drove it, I still couldn't drop the bloke in the BMW

Make no mistake; the F430 is still one of the greatest sports cars of out time, and indeed of all time. But quite where that puts the new M5 is difficult to imagine. From another world is the best that I can do. Winner: M5

That must be prince of Sultan Kelantan, so tax-free. I remember when I was in KB last time will see the Lambo Diablo. The sound is superb and you can hear it more than 1 miles away.

boring...
He's the son of the one who fought for the Kelantan throne before.

Tax free?? Hmmm... These guys earn so much already I hope the govt stops giving them allowances from our tax money if the allowance is still given out.

Zul, the cops will clear the road whenever the Diablo or other of his supercars want to pass through.
What a pity. These guys are living filthy rich but not the rakyat. Opposite ends compared to the MB.

However, yeah. It's a nice car.

Most of the rakyat in Kelantan are very poor... Basically older cars which are codemm in KL roads end up in places like Kelantan man.

Then again the people there seem quite contented with their lives which is a good thing I guess.

being a kelantanese (but not speaking on their behalf), I believe most normal Kelantanese can live without subsidies or help from the govt. For the past 10 years or so they havegone through that and don't need the kickbacks to live comfortably.

Things are still cheap and it is quite easy to do business, no matter what race you are.

BTW, don't believe everything you hear or read in the newspapers.

There was once the Sultan's car broke down in the middle of town. No one cared to help push his RR because he's seldom in touch with the rakyat. That's what you get when you forget the normal people.

Thats my family hometown as well :). Somehow you can live a lot better with much less there.. Less social pressures for the high life in Kelantan compared to KL I guess.

eheh E46F.. Kelate mari also.. Got quite a number of forummers from there ....
I am sure your parents can speak Kelantanese too...
And I don't understand why Kelantan has higher fuel price that other states!!!

Yuh... the M5 is out of tis world. I can oni dream of it for now...
I can also confirm from knowing E46F the longest here that he is pure bred Kelantanese, haha! Luvs to fly kites!!

Anybody seen the latest copy of Autocar Asean? E60 M5 v F430 - the article claimed E60 M5 outgunned the F430 on open roads (in UK)!

Test Drove one last night here in seoul. Im not surprised it outgunned the ferrari. For a saloon I was impressed coz even my 750 with EDC2 isnt quite as close....not that it should be :)) The handling is flat and tight and in my opinion better than the M3. Its such an easy car to handle, plus its small (not nearly as wide as the Ferrari) hence in traffic it was easy to get around other vehicles with such ease.

The scream of the V10 at anything over 4000rpm is unbelievable...and very addictive. More so than my M3....was almost begging the owner to trade!!!

Hate to say this but the E39 M5 is nowhere near this reincarnation. Definitely something worth saving for!

Originally posted by Zackary1@Jul 6 2005, 08:15 AM
Test Drove one last night here in seoul. Im not surprised it outgunned the ferrari. For a saloon I was impressed coz even my 750 with EDC2 isnt quite as close....not that it should be :)) The handling is flat and tight and in my opinion better than the M3. Its such an easy car to handle, plus its small (not nearly as wide as the Ferrari) hence in traffic it was easy to get around other vehicles with such ease.

The scream of the V10 at anything over 4000rpm is unbelievable...and very addictive. More so than my M3....was almost begging the owner to trade!!!

Hate to say this but the E39 M5 is nowhere near this reincarnation. Definitely something worth saving for!
U lucky stud u !!!!!!!!!!!!

U got to test the baby summore ...

I was already out of saliva just drooling at the pictures mate ....

Jeez!!!!!!!! :D

Originally posted by Zackary1@Jul 5 2005, 07:15 PM

.... and I was already quite happy testing the E90 325i LOL.. Man, your test drive sounds awesome...

Whats the powercurve like on the M5?

im a kelantan murtad, born there, but raised ere n neva admit to anyone im a kelantanese ........

m5 delivered to a YAM... well, wat does he do fer a livin, engineer? doctor? judge? businessman? ackk, nvm .... ;)

rgds, B)
kahar abdullah

Top Bottom