Fast Mode Wiper

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

yan@BMD/TP

Club Guest
Hi everybody especially the sifus, My e34 1993 24V wiper seem to working on the fast mode only. The pair neither work/wipe if I switch on to intermitent nor to normal mode.:dontknow: Is the wiper motor giving the problem? Or the electrical contacts in the wiper switch are not making?:106: Pse help me. :adore: Tq & best regards. bmdyan@yahoo.com

Could be the wiper control module..., if it doesn't work at all in INT/NORMAL mode, could be the switch also... else if it is still functioning as intermittent in normal mode, it's the speed sensor signal that the module is not detecting.

Hi affan & LCP,
Tq for advise & help.
WIPER CONTROL
I
I
v
RELAY
I
I
V
SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL
I
I
I
V
WIPER.

Just wana to know these things are repairable or not?:64:

I think people usually replace the whole wash/wiper control module, although if you know electronics well enough there's a chance you can repair it, it's just a circuit board anyway...

Relays... replacement is the norm

Speed sensor signal... this could be due to a wiring problem, which will be quite difficult to diagnose and also to repair. Could also be simply due to a faulty speed sensor on the rear differential, just change the speed sensor unit.

If your wipers don't work at all in INT/NORMAL mode, it could be a some blown circuits regulating the low wipe speed, could be just some relays, and well it could also be some blown coil windings on the wiper motor. The FAST mode is simply an all out mode where the wiper motor is run at full voltage and/or voltage is supplied to all motor coils.

Top Bottom