Falken 912 tyres for BMW 325 E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Porsche168

Club Guest
Any comments or any one have experience on Falken ZE-912 tyres? Sizes are 225/40/18 and 255/35/18. I am thinking to buy them soon...Selamat hari raya.

I am using 17 inch size. In a nutshell, quiet, confortable and grippier in the wet. Compares to Michelin PP2, PP2 is noisier, less comfortable (harder) sightly less grip in the wet I think. But PP2 has a lot better steering feel as it has a hard side wall. PP2 looks better. For me I'd choose 912 over PP2 as I prefer comfort and I drive like an uncle most of the time :)

I tend to agree, cant drive fast in KL and outburst of speed every once in a while. cheap thrill...Gyess Falken tyre should be ok.

If you like to drive fast , and fast on conoring don't go fo falken not staiable have bad experiance. With falken tyres

If I buy this Falken tyres, I would like to sell my existing RFT tyres with 95% thread left. Any takers?..

Price RM 550 and 750 for each Falken tyre

If you're looking for an affordable performance tyre, it wouldn't hurt to check out the Yoko S-Drives or Toyo T1Rs.

Both are Japanese made soft compound with great wet and dry grip. Of course, for all out balls to the wall, you could look into the Potenza RE001s. those are pricey though.

How about the falken ST115 tyres as un pics, r they any good? I see that the rain channel thread is very big!

Porsche168;457124 said:
How about the falken ST115 tyres as un pics, r they any good? I see that the rain channel thread is very big!

Am currently using Falken 452 which is superb on the rain and equally good on the dry ... But it is a bit noisy lerr

Big channel means less rubber on road surface. That means less grip when dry or intermediate condition.

Falken tyres are actually B Grade tyres. They are not tyre manufacturer, its Sumitomo that actually manufacture and market Falken. Falken tyres will start to fail when it reaches 80% tyre wear but as for other Ultra High Performance tyres, we can use them until 100% finish.
If you still insist on using Falken tyres because of budget, then use FK452. There are alot of good write up's on this model.

Just my 2 cents.

Recently changed to 912, Thailand made (235/45/17 @ e46-320) as relacement for my Kumho Ecsta KU31. Used Potenza range before also. Just to compare all the three; 912 seems to be unstable at high speed & floating dangerously (above 120km/h) and tend to pull the steering to follow road contour. 912 really steers at corners without strong purchase to bite the road compared to Ecsta or Potenza. Compound and sidewall noticed to be softer than Ecsta or Potenza. The steering feels slightly numb, lack feedback and less responsive. Sudden directional change means disaster (wifey avoided reckless driver and almost dumped us all in a drain). However, road noise is quieter than Ecsta or Potenza. Soft compound/sidewall creates comfort as ride is smoother especially potholes/uneven surface. Wet performance at low speed (

I have Falken 912's (Made in Japan) on 3 cars E39,E34 & MCS. They are a very good tyre for the money IMO.

Before this I have had:
- Michelin PP2 in Mazda 3 (poor wet performance & noisy)
- Bridgestone Adrenalin RE001 in Mazda 3 (noisy, moderate grip in wet)
- Dunlop Sport RFT - r56 MCS (very uncomfortable, no wet grip :eek:)

My 2 cents on the 912's - They are quiet due to tread pattern, good dry performance and have good grip in the wet. No problems with sidewalls being soft but that may be because I am only using low profile (40 & below)
Taken to ~200km/h and car still feels planted.

i have problems to align the car properly after 1 year of usage of the 912. The foreman need to switch all the 4 tyre back and forth to get the right combination thus getting good alignment. Meaning that i could not rotate my tyre as schedule i.e. 6 month back to front, 6 months front to back. The sequence goes mixed up only to enable my car to get good alignment. I've never experience this when i used PP2.

If you drive slow on hi-way, real slow especially in the corner. U can go ahead.
If you get aggressive sometimes, pls invest a bit more on your rubber.
It's the only thing keep you on the ground which worth the investment to keep you safe.
You won't need to go for super expensive stuff, but definitley not Falken, unless it's s FK452.

I have used 912 before. It suddenly buang without any warning in the corner.
My previous PP2 will give early warning & let u decide to back off or proceed by monitoring the limit. You have time to react.

RE050 was even better, the squeeking sound from tyre come progressively & earlier then PP2, the lounder it gets the nearer to the limit. But for the money you pay, i think PP2 worth every penny.

No more falken for me, scary experience.

Think twice on the rubber & brakes.

Bite the bullet and Bought a set of Falken St115 tyres (225/40/18 Rm700 each and 255/35/18 RM850 each). I have driven to Spore to watch F1 and drove at 190km/h but average 160km/h... The tyres are good as they are quiet and have good directional control. Don't know about wet yet, cos it did not rain.

F1 was very exciting in spore with the party ambience and was so lively.

Porsche168;459685 said:
Bite the bullet and Bought a set of Falken St115 tyres (225/40/18 Rm700 each and 255/35/18 RM850 each). I have driven to Spore to watch F1 and drove at 190km/h but average 160km/h... The tyres are good as they are quiet and have good directional control. Don't know about wet yet, cos it did not rain.

F1 was very exciting in spore with the party ambience and was so lively.

If you went to Singapore, then you should have bought tyres from there. They are much cheaper than here even after conversion.

My personal experience is that the 912 floats over water (1st week upon installation) and skids on wet on relatively low speed. So my advise is keep below 110 (or even 90) if you know the road has standing water or when it is raining heavily.

Top Bottom