Eyeing for a E36...

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

sk0505

hi guys, as per topic, total newbie here, nvr owned one before,have not met any specific car yet. Only manual though and directly frm owner would be my interest.

What i would like to know is, what are the common problems faced by the e36 models. What should i look out for whn i make an inspection of the car..... much gracias.

really old model. expected to be alot of problem and you might have to spend another thousands bucks for the first year for the maintenence

Its just your luck that I'm considering to let go of my factory manual 325i to a caring owner. It is well maintained with no expenses spared since 2011, practical mods and good mechanical condition. Most E36 weaknesses addressed over the years of my ownership.
If really interested you can PM me and we can discuss further.

really old model. expected to be alot of problem and you might have to spend another thousands bucks for the first year for the maintenence

Thousands hah .... ok. Thats good advice. Perhaps i’d b lucky to find which is well cared by the owner ( oh how i wish)
Thx man will bear this in mind.

Its just your luck that I'm considering to let go of my factory manual 325i to a caring owner. It is well maintained with no expenses spared since 2011, practical mods and good mechanical condition. Most E36 weaknesses addressed over the years of my ownership.

Nice to hear this, but i was thinking of a 318, since i m a noob. What year is it ? Will give it a thought..

... this should be 2.5 with 6 cylinders right ?

Last edited:

Can share some pics?

Here are some older pics I have with me. Aesthetically, it can use a new paint job (collected some dings here and there over the years) and new seat covers.
Mechanically sound, engine internals in good condition as seen in photo when I did the vanos seals replacement.

Its a 1995 325i.
Some of the notable mods/reinforcements:

Original M-Tech body kits (came with the car when I bought it)
Original 17" BBS RK Wheels (these are really hard to find)
BC Racing coilovers
H&R swaybars
Front strut and rear shock tower reinforcement plates
Vanos seal replacement (Beisan system)
Cooling system overhaul
Autofoam chassis
Autofoam Rear subframe reinforcement
All bushings replaced over the years with original parts
These are off the top of my head.

Maintained at Albert's WP Auto. No expenses spared for other miscellaneous maintenance items, fixed/replaced as and when necessary.

If really interested can PM me for further discussion.

agGctlF.jpg

NZHJXns.jpg

EWTDw3Y.jpg

Top Bottom