exhaust

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

willie

Club Guest
i thinking of changing my exhaust..... but no money to change to those sepring, remus la blar blar blar...... thinking of getting those RM200~300 range..... here is the problems, there is a lot of designs it seems inside the exhaust box, S shape lah, straight la.... so now my question which one i should get, i want something quite (a bit sport sound), not thinking of getting any power la of course (mine is E36 318, Auto somemore)..... some say for UDM, must use some specific exhaust box, because the flow is high something like that.....so what's the suggestion?????

Originally posted by willie@Dec 8 2004, 07:40 PM i thinking of changing my exhaust..... but no money to change to those sepring, remus la blar blar blar...... thinking of getting those RM200~300 range..... here is the problems, there is a lot of designs it seems inside the exhaust box, S shape lah, straight la.... so now my question which one i should get, i want something quite (a bit sport sound), not thinking of getting any power la of course (mine is E36 318, Auto somemore)..... some say for UDM, must use some specific exhaust box, because the flow is high something like that.....so what's the suggestion?????
willie, how about repacking? Use the original and just modified the internal. Three28 and a couple of the forummer have done it. I think the guy or expert is jaffa. Cost about rm380 to do. Any sound also can.. 747, sebring, remus you name it....

Originally posted by willie@Dec 8 2004, 12:40 PM i thinking of changing my exhaust..... but no money to change to those sepring, remus la blar blar blar...... thinking of getting those RM200~300 range..... here is the problems, there is a lot of designs it seems inside the exhaust box, S shape lah, straight la.... so now my question which one i should get, i want something quite (a bit sport sound), not thinking of getting any power la of course (mine is E36 318, Auto somemore)..... some say for UDM, must use some specific exhaust box, because the flow is high something like that.....so what's the suggestion?????
Wille,PM three28. He will sort u out with the Xpert.......cheers dude :D :D :D

Originally posted by willie@Dec 8 2004, 12:40 PM i thinking of changing my exhaust..... but no money to change to those sepring, remus la blar blar blar...... thinking of getting those RM200~300 range..... here is the problems, there is a lot of designs it seems inside the exhaust box, S shape lah, straight la.... so now my question which one i should get, i want something quite (a bit sport sound), not thinking of getting any power la of course (mine is E36 318, Auto somemore)..... some say for UDM, must use some specific exhaust box, because the flow is high something like that.....so what's the suggestion?????
HEY THERE .. I would suggest that if u are on automatic tranny ... to go for the s-flow type . S flow as in blocked flow. This will help regain your low end torque and accellaration . A straight thru flow will give u more pick up but the noise vibration will kill ya on cruising speeds.my 2 sen cheers :D

my Sebring Twin DTM on E46 318i valvy is a straight flow..it drones like a tank/army lorry when cruising at 80 - 120km/h. above that, or at high revs, doesnt make a sound at all.Lower revs, sounds meaty. i like itSo to sum it up, It only makes me happy when driving at low revs annd slow speeds. Rest of the time, which would be the majority of my driving conditions, it drones like hell or makes no noise at all.My suggestion, stay away from straight flow Sebrings.. :D

thanks for the advice guys.... i found one Marco, S flow, they claimed that the sound is slightly quiet then the iswara aeroback wow......price is about RM220, i think...i though about repack, but first, i don't go sunway so frequently, second, i will never be free on weekdays..... so......

Willie, the Marco S-flow you mentioned, it will work fine on your auto box. You'll get a slight bassy sound, and wont be too loud and disturbing while driving. One bmw mech told me before, that if you want to go Straight flow, your car must be 16valve above.. otherwise the engine wont have enough pressure and therefore produces a very uncomfortable bassy sound from inside the car. Get the S-flow if you want. Marco is ok, reliable and cheap. If it goes kaput, then u can get another one easily and almost everywhere. Only thing is, its quite big.

eh, guys how about fuel consumption, let's said i take the s flow type la, will it be affected????

Hie guys,

Just wanna share something. I was looking for borla exhaust system for my mini. I search on net if there is any Borla dealer and I found one, but they only do 4X4 cars. They told me that they have few borla muffler for bmw and I went there, just to try my luck if I could modify the muffler for my car but I was unlucky.

They are selling the borla muffler for E36 at half price, old stock which I think damn cheap. The muffler is about rm800, I think you can get cheaper.

If you wanna hear the clip, try
Standing in front of the engine:
http://www.geoffreygrace.com/car/01-rev.wma

Cruising @ 55 then full throttle:
http://www.geoffreygrace.com/car/02-55cruise.wma

www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55952&goto=nextnewest+E36+borla+sound+clip&hl=en&start=18

good luck!

Borla's are loud compared to the likes of Supersprint, Remus, etc.

Im using a 3" Borla. Sounds massive!! Just like driving a dragster. =)
Really bassy at low rev but when rev around 4k it gives you the chill! Superb metallish growling sound when the VAnos opens! Sweeeet!

Dont ever go for a single pipe stright flow if its an auto. It will be too noisy and it sounds weird. Try to re-do the piping. Enlarge it with twin pipe all the way. Re-do the catalytic converter. Dont ever go for the bullet style. Get the ovalish design. And possible you can use back your original stock muffler and if you want a DTM style or a twin pipe just weld a "Y" joint at the stock muffler. I think Jaafar(JFA) is a little bit to pricey for his price. Did there a couple of times. If you want i can introduce u to another shop. He does all the exhaust work for Karamjit Singh our Malaysian rally driver.

Hi Guys,

Me from Singapore. Any exhaust shop that I can go to in JB for "operation" of the muffler?

Or any shops has Sebring exhaust??

Originally posted by Wayansurfer@Mar 27 2005, 12:18 PM
Hi Guys,

Me from Singapore. Any exhaust shop that I can go to in JB for "operation" of the muffler?

Or any shops has Sebring exhaust??
Wayansurfer, Serbring can get from Jeep Chee or Fong KIm in Ubi. If do "operation" then cannot pass inspection.

Bmmad,

Any shops in JB you can recommend ? My rear box needs to be checked up ... gotta feeling that it needs to be repacked or changed ...

Cheers,

The exhaust shops in JB mainly cater for Jap car exhaust....sorry cannot help u here but in Singapore can get Remus, Serbring,etc. Me just got a Remus from Singapore for my E30 as the old exhaust already bocor. There is also another shop in JB bring in Serbring, Remus it over at Tmn Desa Jaya its a tyre shop.

Or maybe can try getting a used one.

Top Bottom