Exhaust tip

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

aramis

Club Guest
I notice that I need to saw off a bit from my current exhaust tips to get the new tips installed, does anyone know if I need to saw off until the exhaust valve or just before it?

Originally posted by aramis@Jun 30 2006, 10:12 PM
I notice that I need to saw off a bit from my current exhaust tips to get the new tips installed, does anyone know if I need to saw off until the exhaust valve or just before it?
they saw mine almost till the end (coz our pipe is very short). it took them almost 30-40 minute to installed it coz its difficult to adjust the tip until it fit perfectly out from the bumper, they will need a connector pipe that is curve to connect your new tip to the muffler.

Originally posted by aramis@Jul 1 2006, 12:36 AM
curve? why curve?
because if the connector pipe is straight, u have to cut a hole on your bumper for the new tail pipe to come out (its too high). hence they have to use a curve connector to redirect from top to bottom so that the new tail pipe can fcome out nicely with the bumper.

as requested by mikeymonty, i hereby attach the pic of my cheap exhaust tip for his kind viewing, cost RM 150+installation (can get this tip in any exhaust shop).

Got my AC tip till now, still havent installed......just couldnt find the time.

hi guys

How much for an AC-tip ... and any idea where I can find pics ? Where can I get one ?Thanks!

M2

ACS tips = everybody has one, to me that's a big no no.

Original = way overpriced, plus, it looks like the replica version

Replica version = looks like the original

Daniel said:
ACS tips = everybody has one, to me that's a big no no.

Original = way overpriced, plus, it looks like the replica version

Replica version = looks like the original

and I got the replica ...cheap and nice...;)

go redzone puchong they sell replica ac tip with ac logo on as well....

aramis said:
Got my AC tip till now, still havent installed......just couldnt find the time.

I had my AC tip fixed for my previous e46 in sunway.
After sawing to the max, still jutting out slightly more than expected..
might want to check with calvin tan the best place for fitting

omegaoracle said:
I had my AC tip fixed for my previous e46 in sunway.
After sawing to the max, still jutting out slightly more than expected..
might want to check with calvin tan the best place for fitting

aiyoo...the last thing I want to do is to saw my exhaust....

Does that mean that you also saw off your exhaust valve?

no leh..
btw, kenny (e46 ci) getting his done soon as well.. ac replica
want him to try out first? can update you later..

Original AC Schnitzer rear section muffler - RM3600 (year 2002). Prices would have gone UP by now seeing the strength of the Euro. So expect about RM4k easily. But you get what you pay for. The sound. Oh, the glorious sound! The only way to describe it - its to die for.....!

3er said:
Original AC Schnitzer rear section muffler - RM3600 (year 2002). Prices would have gone UP by now seeing the strength of the Euro. So expect about RM4k easily. But you get what you pay for. The sound. Oh, the glorious sound! The only way to describe it - its to die for.....!

yeah, heard the sweet glorious sound on red earth's ride yesterday... way cool
btw, we're on tips here rite? ... replica is good enuf unless you've money to burn..

Top Bottom