Engine Washing??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

infinityKL

Club Guest
A quick question...DO you guys actually wash ur engines? Is it recommended? How often you wash, if u do so! I have always been reluctant to wash it, afraid that that something would go wrong! I hate to see the flush of cold water on ur engine and all that smoke from heat off the engine...huhhuh..And most car washes, when i ask them...they always go like WAH BM saya tak berani cuci engine oh!!!!????Same thing when i was driving a Alfa b4 this. So, Since i had my UDM i never washed it..just blow with air pressure and get it wiped on top. Looks a littlte dusty/dirty though...advice please......Thank you.Cheers...

depends how kotor your engine bay is. my e36 is cleaned every 3 weeks n i use a foaming spray [tuff stuff] n wipe off with rag or use brush for stubborn grease. dry with rag then use meguiars vinyl spray for semi-gloss efx. i think if yours is ultra-kotor then send to detailer for treatment first... after that you DIY to save moolah.

no need to cuci.. unless its super kotor. its not like peformance will drop or anything.

TQ Bro, my engine top is ok just dusty..but lately after i had some oil leak, the centre and bottom is pretty oily. wat i wanted to know if its ok to spray water all over like a shower... like the car wash does it..coz there's oil all over the place...cheers.

i usually let my car cool down for atleast 1~2 hours before i start the wash.... there are some car wash which are quite pro in this and what they do is they will seal off all the area's which are prone to water vapour and so on by using plastic bag etc.....

so once the engine is entirely cool down then they will start washing it ....

so far so good and never had any problems

ICEMAN 13;214490 said:
i usually let my car cool down for atleast 1~2 hours before i start the wash.... there are some car wash which are quite pro in this and what they do is they will seal off all the area's which are prone to water vapour and so on by using plastic bag etc.....

so once the engine is entirely cool down then they will start washing it ....

so far so good and never had any problems

THX bro, do u live in KL area? any known pro car wash around who can do that?...cheers

m from PJ but then i do my wash back here in a pro shop at kajang ....

basically any car wash could do that , but then you too have to supervise them or else you know larrr ..all the car wash ma-chai will just use the jet at full swing without knowing the risk ....

pujiesss;214505 said:
sachseelan, where r u in KL? try carnauba autospa at jln tun razak.

I thought that place close down?

Anyone care to confirm if that place is still open??

I wash my e30 engine MYSELF but you need to cover the distributor area first with plastid bag.....

after wash you MUST spray with compressed air esp at spark plug holes...

so in short, dun wash if no compressed air supply to blow dry engine cos your engine will stall.....

pujiesss;214505 said:
sachseelan, where r u in KL? try carnauba autospa at jln tun razak.

Im in jalan cheras, near the Carrefour peel road.. JTR quite near fr me...exact location or address pls... thx a lot again pujiesss and jules.....ciao

if u from KL, go ampark park, turn left at the T-junction.. jln sket, the autospa is to ur left.. in red! :D muehehehe~

I wash it by soaking the cloth with car soap and rub it across the engine...spray water are risky...but not that difficult .jst make sure those electronic component like the abs & asc , sensor are sealed with waterproof thing..

washing..

:cool:
pujiesss;214531 said:
if u from KL, go ampark park, turn left at the T-junction.. jln sket, the autospa is to ur left.. in red! :D muehehehe~
how much kene if just engine wash?

Top Bottom