engine replacement

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

azmer Penang

Club Guest
hello......if i want to change my existing engine for e30,what engine is good include others than bmw?

RB26! :D
but not advisable....
why would you want to change to another engine...
dont you know that even an E30 320i pistons can stand up to 8 psi...
If you are having a 318i,you can either change to a 325i or sumthin. :nyehehe:

try to keep it conti... once you change the engine to a jap you will loose the conti originality... not including a lot of changes to the mountings...

u are right.conti car is the best car.so anybody can advise me other bmw engine for my e30 1990.ori engine is b18.what their cost where i can get it?

if u can find the 318is twin cam M42 engine, it'll be good.... How I know?? :D

well, 1st of all you need to ask yourself what's the reason of changing engine, then how deep is your pocket. I m sure a lot of gurus here can point you different direction.

So, it's up to you. If you change engine, you need to have a objective. you want refinement ? power ? handling ? ..

It's endless dude.

azmer_penang,

Come to the Penang TT this saturday and we have our penang gurus to racun and advice you....

even the winner of best technical contribution..... :nyehehe:

hello everyone...I'm a newbie here. Just need an advice on how to chechk the engine number also want to know wether it's M50 or M52..on...etc. For info, just got the e36 325i from my friend. Already drive it, but yet to decide to take it. :D

Originally posted by wann77@Aug 11 2005, 04:24 AM
hello everyone...I'm a newbie here. Just need an advice on how to chechk the engine number also want to know wether it's M50 or M52..on...etc. For info, just got the e36 325i from my friend. Already drive it, but yet to decide to take it. :D
number... okay top row...123456789(engine serial number) then bottom row 25 2S1..

your engine is M50B25TU.

:)

Top Bottom