Engine oil brand,grade for N20 engine

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Thrasher911

Hi guys,

I've been searching for the most suitable engine oil for my F10 520i.

Previously I changed to Hi Rev 10w60 and it feels a little bit heavier when revving compared to previous brand I've used. Also the engine feels a little bit noisier than before and shaking as if the engine is going to die during idling when I started the car in the morning.

My dad is using Havoline 10w50 and feels the engine is smooth during revving.

Appreciate if you can share your experience of what brand and grade do you use and also how does it feel from your personal experience.

Thank you

On my previous E60 530i LCI, I've always used Torco oils. Great oil and engine feels very light.

aoch88 said:
On my previous E60 530i LCI, I've always used Torco oils. Great oil and engine feels very light.
What grade do you use sir?

The workshop I went to send my car said 10w60 is suitable for any turbo car. The car feels like it struggles to maintain its rpm due to thick oil grade.

Thrasher911 said:
What grade do you use sir?

The workshop I went to send my car said 10w60 is suitable for any turbo car. The car feels like it struggles to maintain its rpm due to thick oil grade.
5W - 40W
Why 10W - 60W on such a new car? Maybe the workshop doesn't sell lower viscosity?

5W-40 is sufficient. If not mistaken 10W-60 is for M cars

The approved oil grades are 0W30, 5W30, 0W40, 5W40..... If you're living in a hot environment, skip the 0W grade ones and chose one of the 5W ones.... I'd go for the 5W40 if I were you....

PS: I live in Greece, in a city where outside temperature is from -10 C up to +40 C & I use Aral SuperTronic 0W40 fully synthetic oil, on my BMW E90 320d.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom