engine knocking......

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

azmer Penang

Club Guest
aiii...i'm a ne member on this forum and i want to know why my e30 318i 1990 engine was knocking.i already change my 8 valve but still make a bad sound.can anybody suggest me which workshop can i go around butterworh?A.S.A.PBYE....

Originally posted by azmer Penang@Jul 31 2005, 02:41 AM
aiii...
i'm a ne member on this forum and i want to know why my e30 318i 1990 engine was knocking.i already change my 8 valve but still make a bad sound.
can anybody suggest me which workshop can i go around butterworh?

A.S.A.P

BYE....
hi azmer,
1st of all,welcome to the club dude.
2nd,sorry tht ur having probs with ur e30.
since ur in penang,try and pm mrHartge.
he is the sifu(also racun king of penang :nyehehe: )
btw,whn u said knocking,wht sort of knocking r u toking about?
there r many reasons y its knocking and its better to check with mrHartge to recommend a reliable mech in penang.
all the best,do pm him ok.
rgds,
-brad-

Originally posted by azmer Penang@Jul 31 2005, 03:41 PM
aiii...
i'm a ne member on this forum and i want to know why my e30 318i 1990 engine was knocking.i already change my 8 valve but still make a bad sound.
can anybody suggest me which workshop can i go around butterworh?

A.S.A.P

BYE....
azmer Penang:
Welcome to the club :yes: I'm fr Penang too, if your problems connot be slove. Call me 012-4016060 my name is Sam. I'm fr the mainland side, i know a workshop Mech can slove your problems for you. Price r very reasonable thr... :rolleyes:

Bros...my E30M40 also got that knocking sound, on the first start every morning....tack,tack,tack...and it continues for a few minutes..then disappear (when engine getting warmer?) and the sound is loud enough to make me worried!!... could somebody telling me what's wrong? btw, I noticed the sound is getting louder & frequent after I change my cable plug...but I don't think its related...just dunno..

Sound like the valve spring are old or the cam are worn out.. Anyway.. sometime it can be a simple fix of the valve gap.

maybe it's the hydraulic lifters are on-the-way since it's intermittent

bagi mekanik check... these noise real hantu wan... very difficult to troubleshoot alone. Can be lifters, crankshaft bearings, crankshaft itself, bad fuel pump, sparkplug not firing, spark cable loose/bad, etc etc. ler... goodluck mate!

p.s.
if expensive after post diagnosis, go get a second opinion ;)

Yea braders! I have the same problem with my E30 M40 as well....sound like taxi la....try put in Oil Treatment the noise reduced but still there....

Samhun, what sort of problem is this, you sounded quite confident it can be solved...:)

Top Bottom