Engine Fault

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

moots

Club Guest
Was driving home when engine felt underpowered with engine seemingly missing a beat when the dreaded "gong" sounded together with this message:

hooked up the BMWhat app and this was the message and fault code:

thinking it was cyl #2,i replaced the coil but no good

so tried with the old method of unplugging the coil connector 1 by 1 till the #6 coil,where there was no change in the sound of the engine missing.replaced #6 coil and all is good once again.

still cannot find in the net what the codes mean(code 002745) and what cyl 11 mean....

The funny things is some says code 2745 is for misfiring for cylinder and some say is for the Lambda sensor.

Hi guys, i had the Charging Engine Fault. Is it related to this matter? Can i still drive it? Since i worried will make the temperature rise again. Huhu

Thanks bro moots.. Plug in already, misfire in cylinder 1, change plug coil...

Purchased recently from Bavaria Auto - RM 72.00/pc Bosch plug coil.

pumpkin76 said:
so... plug coil is a common part to replace.... i'll remember that. Expansive ka?

I have 12 ignition coils at home in USJ. Good condition. If u want me to diagnose ur car, tell me. I can do for u FOC.
Ps Im not a shop

Deep DeEp @ Heisenberg

Mine i change rm270 for the coil.. Huhuhuhu. This month is month of spending for my beloved E60. Spend to change steering rack and the whole steering sub and angle sensor cost me around RM11k.

Bro Deep,

2 times jobs. I guess its definitely overcharging but what to do. Have to do it too

Twll said:
Mine i change rm270 for the coil.. Huhuhuhu. This month is month of spending for my beloved E60. Spend to change steering rack and the whole steering sub and angle sensor cost me around RM11k.
RM270 for 1 coil? it is on the high side.

I too had a similar iDrive message, sent the car in and the mechanic said it was the plug coil. I need to get one of this apps. I am using an iPhone 6. Any users here with experience with BMWhat app and iPhone?

Thanks.

jarance said:
RM270 for 1 coil? it is on the high side.
yowzer...i recently bought a set of 6 used coils(from Mudah)due coil failure on a sunday for rm230.used 1 coil but no good.used 2nd coil ok.got anoother 4 coils as spare now.hu hu....new coil for M54 engine is rm 75

moots said:
yowzer...i recently bought a set of 6 used coils(from Mudah)due coil failure on a sunday for rm230.used 1 coil but no good.used 2nd coil ok.got anoother 4 coils as spare now.hu hu....new coil for M54 engine is rm 75
Keep the spare coils. They will come in handy soon..

Wow.., RM75 for the coils on M54 engine is cheap. I think i got slaughtered

Top Bottom