Endurance Racing Legend Returns to Malaysia

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

OSFlanker

Club Guest
Hans Stuck, the endurance racing legend, returns to race in Malaysia for the 1st time since he raced in Batu Tiga in the mid-80's. He will be partnering his son Johannes and Malaysia's Farique Haruman in a BMW Z4 M Coupe race car at the Merdeka Millenium Endurance race this weekend at Sepang.
s_65petronas.jpg
(image from www.thestar.com.my)
1211821032_23e6ceb05d.jpg
(image from www.zerotohundred.com)Hans-Joachim Stuck was World Endurance Champion in 1985, Le Mans 24 hours champion in 1986 and 1987 and Nurburgring 24 hours champion in 1970, 1998 and 2004. Not all his wins were in a BMW (in fact most of them were in another famous German marque that produces flat-6 engines) but apart from endurance racing, he also famously drove a highly modified X-5 round the Nurburgring in an insane laptime of under 8 mins (in a SUV!).
1211821050_5da8d5f349.jpg
Hans Stuck at the BMW Sauber Petronas hospitality event in 2006
1211821016_e721838d9c.jpg
My precious : Hans Stuck's autograph :top:Can't wait to see him in action!

He is indeed a legend and has a short stint in F1 too. To be racing competitively against young guns less than half his age is really something!!

GO BMW!

From his official website www.hansstuck.com :

"He is honoured to set a record time at the Nordschleife driving the 750 horsepower, V12-powered BMW X5 Le Mans. With a target of less than eight minutes he covers the historic 20.8 kilometre circuit in 7:49.92, reaching 311 km/h on the straight."

Obviously up there he has a loose nut to drive an X5 like that........

...and guess what , he is in the pit next to ours....yyyyeeeehhhhhaaaaaaaaa

Yes, an amazing man with a racing carreer spanning 37 years....and still going strong.
I remember seeing him at Bt Tiga back then....hmmm....was he racing under 'Zeiss Porche Racing Team' then?.

he also raced the M1....JPS colours at Bt Tiga. ( think later also on Rothmans Porsche 956/962? )

In fact, one of my mechanics used to spanner for him when he raced here under BMW Concessionaires.......had plenty of girlie stories to share, apparently!

Jules;242446 said:
he also raced the M1....JPS colours at Bt Tiga. ( think later also on Rothmans Porsche 956/962? )

In fact, one of my mechanics used to spanner for him when he raced here under BMW Concessionaires.......had plenty of girlie stories to share, apparently!

Careful now, he is racing with his son this year! But do tell. hehe

He was teammate to many legendary Porsche drivers like Stefan Bellof, Derek Bell, Klaus Ludwig and Walter Rohl.

XXX;242290 said:
...and guess what , he is in the pit next to ours....yyyyeeeehhhhhaaaaaaaaa

If you can't beat him, bang him! Whatever else you achieve in your racing career, you can tell others you raced wheels-to-wheels (or fender-to-fender) with 2 times Le Mans winner.

PS Jules going to scold me for encouraging fender-to-fender racing :help:

OSFlanker;242469 said:
He was teammate to many legendary Porsche drivers like Stefan Bellof, Derek Bell, Klaus Ludwig and Walter Rohl.

Stefan Bellof...now thats a REAL legend...:smokin:

ALBundy;242473 said:
Stefan Bellof...now thats a REAL legend...:smokin:

Yup, still holds the lap record on the north loop of Nurburgring (I think 6 mins ++). Done in a Porsche sports car no less, not even the F1 cars of it's days can go faster than him in the Porsche. Maybe someone like Ayrton Senna would have broken the record if F1 was held there during his time.

The sons GF's tits is HUGEEEE.....yeeeeehhhhaaaaaaaa

XXX;242561 said:
The sons GF's tits is HUGEEEE.....yeeeeehhhhaaaaaaaa

Cheh, talk only. Where is the pic? are you pointing to them here :

1239950109_10231c8fdf.jpg

XXX : "Wah, even from this distance they are this size!"

Joe : "It takes them 5 secs to bounce once!"

Fabian : [speechless, in a tranze]

The BMW Z4M down the main straight.

Sadly the car developed engine problems while leading the race by a mile (well, around 44 miles actually since they were 13 laps ahead).

1240949908_6677197791.jpg

Top Bottom