Electrochromatic Rear View Mirror

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Russell

Club Guest
Hi guys,New to this forum. Just got myself a 520i and realized when I was driving last night that the car doesn't seemed to have electrochromatic rear view mirrors (i.e. car headlights reflected as green to take away the glare). Looked around the rear view mirror assembly and couldn't find a switch to turn it on or off. So either mine's faulty or the car doesn't come with it. Can someone confirm whether they have it on their cars? Thanks.

Thanks Cafee. Just called the dealer and they confirmed it comes with it and will replace it under warranty. Oh well...

Replace under warranty? They shortchanged you? Wow, i wonder what else my car is missing.

its auto, you cannot turn it off or on , the only way to manual is tilt the rear mirror =P

Come to think about it my e90 one does not seem to go dark. Must get it checked. Hmmmm ...

Here is how to test this feature on your UDM: find the small hole or transparent plastic window for the light sensor located behind your rear view mirror (it will be facing toward the front of your car), turn on your ignition, cover the light sensor with your finger. Your mirror should darken. You could ask someone to help shine a torch into the mirror (from the back of the car) if there is too little light shining into the car.

Ok, my mistake. It actually works. Just that it doesn't turn as green as other conti cars that I'm used to but works as well in taking out the glare.

Top Bottom